Originally Posted By: -JJH-
On my fourth mission, I shot down a Morane, which landed and crashed on German side of the front. Game did not credit me with a kill, so according to Nowi's suggestions since the frenchman landed on german side of the fron, I though I shall edit campaign and add one victory for myself.

But, how do I do that? My pilot isn't in the pilot list. In addition, I cannot edit my squadron mates' data either...if I click 'view pilots', the CM shows a list of my squadron mates. Ok, I double-click one of the names and CM warns me:

"This screen has not been completed yet. The rank information is not correct and you cannot save any edits you make. Just close the window to exit the screen"...say what?

Is this normal CM behaviour or what is going on?

-JJ-

JJ, there is no tool for RB that easily lets you add a kill. The "View Pilots" function in CM that you are trying to use evidently was not finished.

You have to edit the campaign.dat, (campgnXX.dat, in your campaign folder), file with a hex editor to award pilots victories or decorations. Mark66 in his "Extreme Rules" at Nowi's site says it's easy. It doesn't look easy to me, but if you ask Mark over at the SWWISA forum, I'm sure he would give you some pointers. Here's Sygrod's page on the mysteries of campaign.dat: http://home.golden.net/~ksharman/rb/Campaign.htm .

As ever,
Birdbrain