There's a core group of dedicated online OFF flyers, and some very nice historically inspired missions being created and flown weekly.

Of course the multiplayer response by the mod's fans is nothing like that enabled by IL-2's/FB's/AEP's/or PF's retail penetration of the sim market (or to discount IL-2's excellent multiplayer format), but you can fly OFF online aok.

Still, and it's because of this realization that simmer's like to fly retail offerings, and shy away from third-party mod's to sim's (especially those to CFS3), that has led me to feel it will take another retail sim like GT's project to rejuvenate the WWI combat flying scene.

OFF is an excellent (and now a multi-award winning WWI mod), and should interest anyone wanting to fly the era.....especially as we wait for Knights Of The Sky to be released. My time and interest is presently focused on supporting GT's efforts, but as a former contributor to OFF (as well as to two other WWI mods, and a few aborted retail projects too), I have to honestly say that in my opinion, OFF is the best Great War sim created yet (sure it's a mod to CFS3....but not really....you'll have to try it to see what I'm meaning).

Still, OFF won't get me where I want to be.....I want to be flying a widely-distributed retail WWI sim, that guys the world over buy and fly, and engage in well-attended multiplayer battles, and talk about on dedicated fan forums, and will be able to share as a universally acclaimed sim "happening".

Geesh, I hope GT succeeds in getting Knights to our store shelves! Will it be the second coming if it does? Well, for WWI flight simming perhaps.

At this point I'm hedging my bets (while I whole-heartedly support GT's efforts), I'm certainly not discounting OFF's achievements yet either (or the inspiration of its enthusiastic fan group), or any other sim fans out there for that matter! Besides, if GT pulls the trigger here, we'll all be meeting together again in its new skies!