Quote:
Originally posted by Frankyboy:
does that mean the game will now also be WW1 easternfront ?
Good question....details are yet to follow.

Admittedly, the news is a bit confusing, because you have two separate WWI sim projects here being developed for different game engines in mind, and with two different theaters of operations planned.

It seemed as if the d-Strict project had been stalled for quite awhile, and when one of its contributing artists jumped ship a few months ago, it could have indicated that the future of "Sikorsky" was very much in doubt. Still, I'm wondering about the strengths and potential weaknesses this 'merger' could bring to GT's project.....will it cause developement confusion as personnel and content is amalgamated? Will the project change its focus, and will delays occur as a result of these two projects being combined (will there be pressure to include d-Strict stuff that doesn't neccessarily fit easily into "Knights" now)?

Whenever I hear of another WWI sim project drifting to the wayside, it makes me feel very uneasy all over again.....I hope this turns out to be a win-win-win situation for GT, d-Strict, and us simmers too......depends on what strengths d-Strict brings to the table I guess (and hopefully that any of their weaknesses are left behind).