It is not confusing how disagreement can exist on how these old planes flew, afterall, few of us have had the priviledge to actually fly an original or exacting WWI replica aircraft, and to believe that flying biplanes in a sim environment qualifies as stick time is a real stretch.

As Rama has illustrated above, the replica Breguet 14 displays poor balance between control inputs, with the ailerons being exceedingly stiff to deflect. The plane requires the use of the rudder to induce roll, and the plane must be constantly flown.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of flight modeling in a WWI flight sim before.....in a WW2 sim?

How is the pilot's required input strength now factored into flight simming? I certainly haven't gained any muscles deflecting my wimpy gaming joystick over my years of virtual flying that's for sure.....have any of us?

How are unharmonized control deflections factored into flight simming? Matter of fact, joystick sensitivity, deadzone, and gain adjustments should all be deactivated when flying early aviation sims......because this will be the first thing simmers will try to tamper with in order to make these virtual WWI planes easier to fly! In fact for "fairness", when we meet in the virtual WWI skies online, stock joystick settings should be demanded, lest someone "cheats" by making their plane easier to fly than another player's set-up (is this a rediculous demand to expect.......I'll answer that myself.......obviously it's a rediculous expectation FlyXwire). \:D

They often say that the first casualty of war is the illusion of what war is (don't they), and the first causalty of flying flight sims is to believe we're doing it like the real thing. Sure, I can be a purist and demand that no one should be allowed to adjust their joystick settings in this upcoming sim so that everyone has to fly the "same"........would I be crazy to think that's at all a realistic expectation.......you don't need to answer guys, because I know it is (because we're all holding different expectations already).

So the first casualty of flight simming is to give up the myth that we're doing the real thing (obviously), and then to expect what's possible to reproduce with artificial computer coding, and then to hope that what's most important is reflected in the flight models, and then see if any of this even remotely allows us to experience a WWI-like combat experience, on a computer.

So some of you are demanding "hard", "difficult", "realistic", flight modeling in "Knights", huh.......

Make a list of what you mean!

Tell us what flight characteristics you most want and expect for the included planes here for "Knights", because "hard", "difficult", or "realistic" just doesn't help us understand, and probably adds to the confusion.

Let's see some specifics.......... \:\)