Quote:
Originally posted by Oilburner:
Since we're talking about the IL-2 engine here, it's pretty much a mute point. The physics required to create a true flight model are well-beyond this engine's ability and beyond the abilities of most computers. What we will get is pre-programmed reactions which try to simulate real-world physics. Instead of talking hard or easy, smart or dumb, I hope the developers can accurateley re-create the true personality and quirkieness of each aircraft so that the majority of us can agree that "this is as close as you can get to flying a (insert your favorite here) on a PC".
I don't think it is a moot point at all. Unlike MSFS the il-2 series is not table based. Rather the planes in Il-2 are continually running through mathematical equations as they fly. Their performance is not calculated from X speed at Y height equals Z performance. In stead the calculation of their position and speed is based on the last known position and speed and then with the results of the continuously running performance equations added. Events such as a stall are actually continuously calculated and not scripted events.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com