Quote:
Originally posted by Neal:
I understand that Gennadich is expected to release a DEMO at the E3......
Well that would be fantastic.....if only to see these great models in motion, and maybe with some knarly low level graphics too!!! \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal:
Why you don't like the register and piracy limiting part?
It's just that I really don't have much of an opinion on that Neal.

You guys can tell me, but is piracy of flight sims a major issue in the market these days?

In regards to the add-on scheme, the focus behind the concept is to allow each fan to customize his own sim's content to reflect his individual taste, by adding only the expansion modules each simmer most wants to fly, and that these additions would be supported and seen as "standard options available". Having official add-ons makes the whole issue of multiplayer compatability more manageable, and with a little imagining here, I could see in the future someone's "Knights" server being listed online as "Bob's BOB server" for example, where players could connect to fly missions in that 'first' Battle of Britian, of course if they had the Zeppelin "Raiders" module and the "Englandgeschwader" module installed on their systems.....(hypothetically speaking here of course). Still, at the same time, there could/would be other online servers hosting the base sim with maybe the "Kaiserschlacht" aircraft pack for instance, and these servers would be for fans wanting to fly ground attack missions mostly.

I don't see many pitfalls with the add-on concept for fans who wish mostly to fly single-player missions and campaigns, but it's with multiplayer that problems could arise due to too many options, and variables. This is where having official module releases would help keep the whole process of expanding content more manageable, and at the same time accommodate the varied interest of the simming community at large. There could be Knights furball servers, bomber mission servers, ground attack servers, coastal patrol servers, late-war servers, Italian Front servers, etc., all enabled by an on-going process of building on the sim's original format. This type of add-on process would embrace the fact that our playing interest do vary and change over time, and utilize that interest by allowing the game's form to evolve over time too.

Couldn't you just imagine sitting down some evening in the not too distant future, and firing up your Knights install....hmmmm you ask yourself, what do I feel like flying tonight? Do I want to try some more armored Junkers J.I missions in Kaiserschlacht again, nah, did that Monday. Hey I know, I'm going to connect up again with Copterdrvr's AEF Eagles group, and fly one of those late-war missions to the German frontier that were so fun on his server last month.......man, I love the DH4!

Just some imagining of course, but with greater variety, and options, comes the potential for more complexity and the issues that can occur with having lots of choice. This is why I could see a scheme of official add-ons.....or perhaps officially sanctioned second-party content as helping to keep everything tidy.

At least that's some thinking of how to keep any future "Kaiserschlacht" of ours manageable. \:\)