Partly it should serve that IL-2 FM is more suited for WW I sim like that - the real shortcomings: high alt and high Mach figure are no conserns of WW I sim. Hopefully, they pay attention to an improved slow speed handling in this regard version 4.xx FM is way ahead of the predecessors where stalling seemed to be more triggered by elevator handling rather than actual angle of attack. That is to say focus is in a different area and the IL-2 FM will actually be relatively better suited. Hope they add really complex engine management, overrevving props and stuff so that life won't become too easy.

As for offline - I was let down with IL-2 and for the reason put it aside pretty quick. Half a year later or more I got a modem connection broke my leg and had more time and started experimenting online - that was that. Wouldn't mind a proper campaign though - it is time a new sim came up with one...For me more important would be elements that enable good online coops and war - bombers being essential, perhaps ground troops. If only troops could be modeled so that one could mix strafing - infantry attack and stuff but I recon it's still too much.