The other torque is the inertia of the spinning masses

At some point Neal you'll wonder if I'm taking the mickey but this stuff is fascinating to me disclaimer

Torque is the work being done by the engine that grips the propshaft and forces it to turn in a constrained circle. The equal and opposite force that must be there (we don't fall through the ground) turns the rest of the aircraft in the opposite direction

The inertia of the flywheel at the front is doing work (leverage) at the propshaft but that energy came from the propshaft in the first place \:\)

You can't create energy from the inertia of a rotating flywheel that didn't come from the driveshaft in the first place it just gets shifted around. So there's only one place there's torque being generated: at the propshaft.

Ah I see what you're saying mate. If the engine shuts down then there is torque in the inertia of the prop yes of course- so there must be torque generated at the driveshaft while the prop's rotating. Bit tricky teasing out the fine points and contributions from the elements \:\) Ta mate

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter