Quote:
Originally posted by uberweng:
Quote:
Originally posted by copterdrvr:
I don't give a rats behind what airplanes are available or what time frame it covers, just give me the GAME! Everything posted so far exceeds my wildest dreams \:D

Copterdrvr
Nicely said Copterdrvr. I have been blown away by each new update and can't wait to play this game.

On the graphics front, that FPS screen shot is amazing but doesn't the flight sim have to dedicate more power to non-graphics related tasks like the more complex physics models? How much performance hit would this be expected to create?
Correct, FPS's and flight sims are different.

I posted the shot as an example of the level of detail and sort of textures and lighting that modern cards can handle and still give high framerates. They do this if games are coded to use their features, most (all?) current flightsims lag well behind current games using old code for gfx elements. I can't wait to see a new flight sim that's been built from he ground up to use these sorts of gfx features, I suspect there's only BOB on the horizon for that though.

I agree that shipping the game without bugs and on time is most important. At least we'll have a new flightsim product on the shelves, that's bit of a novelty at the moment unfortunately

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570