Quote:
Originally posted by Cat:
In an aircraft like the Dr I one would think that the seat could be modeled a bit higher. There aren't *any* instruments, really, from the screenshots (I've never seen a real Dr I cockpit). That's pretty minimal, eh?

Personally, I'm a Nieuport 17 gal, myself. One Lewis .303 over the top wing-or didn't some have one single Vickers on the fuselage? With the Lewis, you better be careful changing drums lest you fall out! Reckon they'll model the actual 110 hp or so Gnome and LeRhone rotaries, that had like no throttle and you have to blip 'em on and off to slow down for landing \:D ?? I've always read that the N11 and 17 could turn witjin their own length or something equallyamazing, as long as you didn't rip the top wing off.

For the AEF pilots of 1917, a Nieuport 22 (?) would be needed, wouldn't it? That and the Spad 13?

Miao, Cat
Nieuport 11s had the top wing Lewis gun. French N17s had a single deck mounted Vickers (no Lewis) while British N17s maintained the wing mounted Lewis (no Vickers). Some later Nieuport sesquiplanes (N24 and N27) could mount both deck and wing mounted guns but generally did not, sticking with a single gun.

The Nieuport that the AEF flew was the N28. Two Vickers in kind of an odd configuration, one on the deck offset left and the other on the left side of the fuselage.

It will be interesting to see how ambitious they get for the first release. It would not be an unreasonable design decision to start with the air war between Britain and Germany from mid 1917 - 1918. They could then then introduce the French front. After that the early years. From there you could go to the Austrian/Italian front or the Russian front. Or they could just model it all \:D .

The lucky man is the man who leaves as little to chance as possible.