Yes, immersion is key. And the FM’s should exhibit fidelity to what is generally known – and accepted - about WWI crates.

But there is MUCH more to immersion than a nice a/c modeling, a great FM and good DM and SFx. One of the reasons people still play RB3D is definitely the dynamic campaign w/ its “anything can happen at any time” feel – and the menus that add additional flavor, log books, kill boards, portrait choices, nationality appropriate cut scenes for medal awards, capture, crashes, death! These are the kinds of things that really add to my sense of immersion and exactly the kinds of things that are lacking in IL-2FB***

To me, flying around in a high fidelity reproduction of a combat a/c is pointless if I’m not doing something historically appropriate w/ it - and can immerse myself in the period(I NEVER could understand the appeal of MS Flight Simulator for just that reason). I just hope that these items are not an afterthought w/ this new sim – as they clearly where w/ IL-2 FB.

***Yes, I know IL-2 FB has a log, pilot portraits and medals. But compare them to the RB3D versions and you must admit that it is apples to oranges – and I LIKE oranges.

Barkhorn.

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"