"Wait and see" is the feeling I have about this. Pretty models...well, Aspectsimulations' Knights Over Europe had them too
and what became of that game?

Don't get me wrong, I loved RB2, warts and all, and wish the best for this sim but one has to remember that when this baby *really* comes out Oleg's BoB is likely out too and as a new generation product will appeal better to flightsim/propfans, particularly if Oleg has improved the sterile offline experience (pardon, but that is the the truth) of IL2-PF.

So the remaining selling point will be WWI. I can understand why Ubi et al. would have doubts about investing in a boxed product on the Western shelves. Perhaps distribution though a website would then be the answer. I'd wager that the majority of the people who are interested in this product are, um, more mature (bar FM discussions \:D ) persons and already have The Sign of The Beast...er, a credit card. Still, one can find "products" on gamestore shelves that make one wonder why and who publishes such inane cr@p that also cannot possibly sell. In view of that, proposing the promotion of this quality sim by regular boxed distribution should be no career suicide to any Ubi(for example) suit.

We all have wishes and dreams about the definite WWI sim, but I hope the developers do not try to implement them all but instead stick to their own vision with minor modifications based on our suggestions&feedback. Otherwise I fear that delays and fudging will eventually endanger the whole project.

FM? Scr€w the FM, give us athmosphere! I did not like RB because it had bi-planes, I loved it because of its' athmosphere that made me forget its' rather obvious flaws (and by the gods the initial release had them plenty!). Oh, the developers must work within the IL2 framework? Well, now you understand better why I have this "wait and see" attitude.

-It's the campaign engine, silly!-