Quote:
Originally posted by tAA_Double_Tap:
Wow, this is the best news I have heard in ages. A marriage of the IL-2 engine and WW1 is bound to be a great success.
I still refuse to get excited till I see the bloodied sheet in the morning. WW1 has been left blubering at the alter too many times.

=FB=VikS and Co. I wish you every success. Try not to please everyone. If you listen carefully you can hear the wind being sucked in while people draw breath to announce their 'must have' inclusions. Hell knows I have my list ready to fire. Stay focused. Remember Aesop's fable of the men and the donkey. ;\)
Let's just ignore the last couple of postings, before izan's...

Double-tap, those are wise words indeed: it is very true that the development team should stick to their ideas and aspirations. That is definitely the basis for getting a product out of the door.

As for the campaign system. I don't think the WWI scenario really begs for moving frontlines, etc. Of course some progress in a pilot career, etc, but I don't see that drastic improvements over Il-2FB are needed in this aspect.

There are other subtle ways to improve immersion; music, cut scenes, etc, but I really want a great flying sim, not an interactive movie. My imagination takes well care of that! \:\)

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com