Quote:
Originally posted by WWSensei:

I hope these guys do well as I very much want to see a WWI sim. But thinking it's going to be easy and lack of data make the FM wars go away is just being extremly naive and short sighted. There is a much larger fan base for these aircraft--with their own opinions--than you think.
The Il-2 series has managed to keep the FM programming secret. It's quite unheard of in sim history, but the Il-2 series has actually not had anybody crack the FM code and make their own.

I know about the old history you refer to, but given the history of the Il-2 series, I think we won't see a fragmented community, FM-wise, with this new WWI sim.

I don't see FM improvements as a bad thing when they're imposed across-the-board with all users who download the latest patch, the problem is a fractured fan base, and that I think we can avoid, based on the Il-2 engine history.

In the il-2 update history I don't see the developers swinging around according to the whims of a majority of users. Rather, they've just corrected proven errors and added features to the FM.

There will be a lot less "proven errors" in a WWI sim, just because hard data is so much more difficult to come by, so I think there will be less discussions involving the developers, but of course there will be huge discussions among fans, that's a given when it comes to these sims.

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com