Quote:
Originally posted by WWSensei:
Quote:
Originally posted by Freycinet:
[QB] Yeah, Sensei, but there is less of a problem for the sim programmers if no-one can come up with performance data, but just anecdotical evidence.
Been there, done that with my own efforts at a WWI sim. Having only anecdotal evidence leads to far more arguments than having facts sheets. I admire the effort being done here but to think having no data makes it easier, trust me, it does the exact opposite. Lacking hard evidence doesn't make them argue less. It makes them argue more.

No matter what approach a developer takes they will almost certainly tee-off a vocal portion of the community and there is little to no evidence to prove them wrong or you right. I've seen happen in every attempt so far.

Oleg was right to be cautious of this era of flight. The FM debates in IL2 will be thought of as a cake walk in comparison.
I'm sure there will be debates: my point is that FM's won't have to be changed incessantly, because the developers' guesstimate will be as good as that of the various fan groups...

My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com