Quote:

- DWO Apaches can use RF using the above method, simply track a target with TADS, switch to LOAL and fire. The missile will automatically track the target's last known position.
Along the lines of using Radar HF in a Longbow(NR)

Usually, in order to send a PFZ, a chopper must have a radar. However, in a Longbow(NR) switching to the FCR mode (even though it reads INOP) allows you to send a PFZ to other flights (AND employ Radar HF in LOAL mode.)

Quote:

- If you are unable to hover, disengage the wheelbrakes (B) before landing at your base to do a rolling landing
Similarly, if you have a damaged engine and don't have enough power to lift off, releasing the wheel brakes (esp. on an incline) allows you to do a rolling TAKEOFF which may give you enough Translational Lift to get you in the air.

Quote:

- You can padlock the Blackhawk's door guns by hitting F4 with a target selected. This makes the gun automatically track your current target in a linear fashion. All you have to do is pull the trigger!
In fact you don't even need to go to GUNS view. Selecting a target from the cockpit and flying so it is to the side of the chopper within the fire zone of the guns allows you to just pull the trigger while in cockpit view and if the target is in constraints, you will hit it. Also - always take the Miniguns!!!!!!!!!!

- There is a padlock wingman command (SHIFT-F4, I think...) which will allow you to see where your wingie is. Very helpful in MP if you lose sight. The Padlock will slew your view so you can head toward that position. I don't think it functions if the wingman gets shot down and respawned.

- With some fancy keystroking, you can have the Radar operational while in TADS mode. This allows you to SEE additional threats on the Radar screen, while having the ability to to Full Screen TADS and detect and engage infantry that do not show up on radar. You cannot employ Radar(HF) in this mode, but it is very useful when carrying Laser(HF) on a Radar Longbow.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals