Quote:
Originally posted by AV8R:

REFRESH-Rate and FRAMERATE:

The refresh rate is the number of times per second that the RAMDAC is able to send a signal to the monitor and the monitor is able to repaint the screen.

The frame rate of a program refers to how many times per second the graphics engine can calculate a new image and put it into the video memory.

The refresh rate is how often the contents of video memory are sent to the monitor. Frame rate is much more a function of the type of software being used and how well it works with the acceleration capabilities of the video card. It has nothing at all to do with the monitor.

The refresh rate is important because it directly impacts the viewability of the screen image. Refresh rates that are too low cause annoying flicker that can be distracting to the viewer and can cause fatigue and eye strain.

My SONY flat panel refreshes at 60hz. In fact, its the only rate it allows. I must therefore conclude that LB2 is being forced to be refreshed and vertically synched at the monitor refresh rate of 60hz, and not the rate that WinXP default of 75hz.

Can anyone confirm this statement with some authority?
You're right. My Eizo Widescreen panel also only supports 60 Hz. There are some HD ready TFT's that support both 60 and 75 Hz (for perfect synch to both 30fps and 25fps) but most of them support only one frequency. A TFT can't change frequency as CRT monitors can do.

WinXP SP2
Athlon64 3200+, ASUS K8V Deluxe, 1GB PC3200 8-3-3 RAM
Radeon9800Pro-Omegadriver v.3.8.231-FW off!
6 HD's=1.16TB
Eizo S2110W-K 21"@1680x1050
Audigy 2ZS, Teufel Concept G THX 7.1
CH Gear: Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, all USB