Quote:
Originally posted by killdevil:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fearlesslds:
[qb]Xeidous2,

I am sure this is all killing you. I dont think there is one of us here that would'nt prefer to be fying KOE. The problem is that the WWI folks have been left to themselves for so long that we will take anything at present.
Well, I can't say that I agree with this. How can we say that we would prefer to be flying a sim that doesn't exist? Let's not forget that SimHQ was kind enough to give this promised sim a forum and then when all us WW1 sim nuts wanted some basic info, we got ignored; to the point where it was wondered if it was a hoax?
Then along comes a WW1 game/sim on the market for half the usual price and some of us have a look at it. Because of its shortcomings, I would sooner be flying a sim combining ( the best and desired ) parts of WoW, FCG, Red Baron.
But we don't know that that is KOE.
And I will not "take anything at present"- I speculated £20 and if it had been rubbish I would have given it away.. but it isn't rubbish.
I've just been trying to down the AI, one on one, with most of the "released" planes, and I can only hold my own with some !!.
If you think you're the type of flier who can down three AI whilst having a cigarette and a coffee \:\) ('cos it's arcadey, simple rubbish ), have a go at this !
Remember - there is no padlock, and my trackIR could sure have done with an Absolute mode \:D
Oh, and there are 4 or 5 skins available per plane.
This publisher put this on the market without coming here or anywhere else, ( so far as I know ), saying he was going to do so, etc- and no doubt he expects/hopes for certain X Box sales etc. But if he becomes aware that this WW1 community like a lot of what has been produced and would buy his DVD version if
1. a few Red Baron type missions were written, and
2 arcadey bits were removed, either by a small patch or letting mods have a go, why should he not do that. ?
He may work out whether spending on making a patch is viable, so would you ,if you were he,but, in the absence of a patch, allowing mods could be on.
Would allowing that decrease his present sales expectations? I submit not. Perhaps a marketing professional may offer to comment ?
As I have said before, I will buy KOE if and when it appears. If the price is too much to speculate the investment, I will look for reviews, screenies, videos, opinions etc. And if the verdict is good, I would pay more than usual, if necessary.
But let us not give accolades to a sim that does not yet exist and may not.
I hope it does make it.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong