Hi Bkdrft

Yeah, naturally I heard that story about Immelman. I seem to recall that a fee got the Red Baron too, back in July 1917. I don't think anyone managed to write off that one to a damaged interupter gear \:D Didn't an FE2 get Schaefer too? Pusher yes, pushover no, at least not in 1916-17.

Slightly OT, but there's quite a convincing article in the current "After the Battle" mag, which presents evidence that Douglas Bader was brought down, not by a colliding 109, nor shot down by a 109, but in error by a Spit of 616 Squadron!

Anyway fear not, the planes in WoW arehighly authentic, despite being given odd names in the game. There is a Fokker Dr 1, tho there is also an Albatros Dr1, the only inaccuracies being that the latter did not see service and was based on the D V where the game version is based on WoW's late model Alb D III. The game's real Nieuport 17 is so accurate that in the virtual cockpit, when you move the ailerons, the actuating rods (running up from the deck in front of the cockpit into the underside of the centre section) actually move too. there are a few inaccurate, jazzed-up colour schemes, and a few boobs in the placement of crosses, but all in all it's very accurate. The SE5a doesn't have quite enough dihedral and one of the German C-types looks like an amalgan of Aviatik B II and Albatros C III, for example. But overall WoW's planes are easily the best WW1 planes seen so far in a commercial combat sim.

When you soar into the air in a Sopwith scout
And you're scrapping with a Hun and your gun cuts out
Well, you stuff down your nose till your plugs fall out
'Cos you haven't got a hope in the morning!