I can just post the hex codes, and leave it to you guys to patch the file so it's permanent. Or, I can write a simple memory patcher that leaves the game intact, but allows you to change settings in the game on the fly (like a trainer). A trainer might make it easier to add extra options without undoing a patched file, then again you guys might just want to hack away regardless \:\)

The reason I asked about the preferred method, was I thought it might set a precedent regarding online games (one user has rockets, another doesn't). But if you want it all, that's OK too. At the moment I can set it so the AI has absolutely no rockets (and they don't seem to pick up bonuses). I can also set it so we don't get any intial (8), but that's not to stop us from picking up bonuses. It may be possible to disable that as well (extra work)?

I recommend geting the No-CD patch, it's half the size (minus all the Securom rubbish), so uses a small memory footprint. http://spacetarget.com/games/pc_wings_of_war.shtml

I've tweaked a few other settings, but need to test it further. e.g. 0 bots in Instant Combat (min=1), so we can explore without being bugged, also pushing the max limit of 15.

Andrew R.