Quote:
Originally posted by Cas141:

BTW - Why could not a real Eindecker fly loop after loop after loop? I would have thought any fighter plane with an engine could do so, provided the throttle was properly working? I do admit I'm not expert enough about WW1 planes to know for sure \:\)
No, not all at all. A plane such as the E.III could certainly just about pull off a loop in the hands of a good pilot. It certainly couldn't do it starting at just about any speed, or repeat it. Indeed no WW1 or WW2 aircraft could loop indefinitely like you can in WoW.

To my mind a combat simulator is realistic if it encourages (ideally enforces) realistic tactics and leads to similar outcomes to what could be expected in real life. WoW doesn't do either of those.

I think it's not very useful to compare it to ancient sim engines like RB3D or EAW. In my opinion the next 'big' WW1 sim for me will be one that is comparible to IL2, CFS3, FS2004, LOMAC or SF when it comes to FMs and so on. RB3D had/has a great campaign engine and interface, but apart from that aspect things have moved on a long way.

Have fun
Finn