Hey folks, shouldn't we be interested that there's a new WWI flying game on the market that exudes quality, apparently plays well on medium performance PCs at least, and perhaps offers a hope for future development and/or expansion?

Let me offer a quote here drawn from another WWI game forum:

I do not recommend a boycott of any kind. It won't help us at Aspect. It won't affect the decision makers at TakeTwo/The Gathering. If getting a copy of Wings of War (card game or xbox/pc) gives you a chance to have some fun with your son, do so with my blessings. Just set aside some money so that you can also play our project A when it comes out as well . KOE revised should follow a few months after that.

Also from here on SimHQ:

It makes me sad when I read how excited people are getting over the fact that the magazine on the Lewis gun rotates. We had that in KOE a year ago. Now when we bring KOE out in a few months people will say, "Oh yeah, that's just like what they have in WoW"

First I'm pleased that the Lewis gun's magazine pan rotates in WoW, because this is not only historically accurate but also quantitatively immersive. Still (as RSColonel and Hentzau have already mentioned above), Wings of Honor and FS-WWI had this weapon animation years ago, so whom ever brings touches like these back to the mainstream matters little, as long as future sims recognize that such features do have significance for some of us!

Now in the greater scope of things I want to again highlight Xeidos2's words here:

Now when we bring KOE out in a few months people will say.............

John, I'm awaiting "Project A" to arrive in the not too distant future, and will buy it just to give Aspect the sale, but when you say you'll be bringing out KOE (revised) in a few months, then I will have to temper the ole "suspension of disbelief" and ask you to qualify your comments more here.

A few months is still Q4-04............are you saying that KOE (revised) is still on target for this Christmas sales seasons?

If so, I'll hold off buying WoW and wait for Aspect's new WWI sim instead! ;\)