Guys , this is unbelievable . I have just flown in a furball mostly at 55 FPS, sometimes down to 30 FPS. Using FRAPS I am at 1600 x 1200!!
And not a jaggie in sight.
That's not a typo -
I repeat my system - Not top end now- Athlon 1800; 512 Ram; Radeon 9800Pro, Omega drivers; Windows 98SE.
I have flown in a 6 plane furball, at this resolution, and all without a stutter; without a UFO, in other words Bloody near perfect!! \:D
Detail - I set up a Team Deathmatch with 4 of us Germans and 2 RAF boys. The scene was Georgette, all else was Random.
When we set to I buggered off to have a look around the area. I found a gravel pit with a factory at the bottom of it. Looking up from my coward's position, the guys are all at it. Two or so have black smoke trails, then I see a collision, bits falling down, engines a lot faster than wing remnants, of course.
This is the most realistic looking air WW1 air battle I have seen outside the Blue Max.
I am still sneaking off and these guys are a long way away, but they are not pixels, they are still planes.
I get the idea it is mostly over and one seems to come looking for me. I see he has more than one wing so i figure he is a enemy . Then I see he is a triplane, and he isn't behaving like an enemy.
As I get closer to check, the others turn up.
I then realize that I had set for the "Bots" ( AI) to respawn after 12 mins ( optional ), so these must be they.
Anyway, off we go again, this time I'm looking to fight. But, what the hell, they are all triplanes and Biplanes. A lot of you expertchaps would be able to tell which models they were,'cos the detail is excellent, but I need to see the roundels and crosses.
I see one and go for him, but he seems to be possibly limping. I shoot a few rounds and in he goes, but I don't think it could really be my claim. ( Unless i am Bruno Stachel \:\) )
Eventually, I am zapped and so I close the game.

But i don't mind, cos I'm in a hurry to tell
you about the FPS and resolution, and how this "arcade game" is giving me such great fun....
Its not just an arcade game, it is that OR a Sim, whichever you want.
Look at the website which URSUS found, and the screenshots there. For flying in WW1 dogfights, I haven't found anything to come anywhere near it, and there is such potential.
You may have gathered that I haven't been so enthusiastic about a flight sim for a long time.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong