mmm, yes. Its possible if WallDog is hoping to create a new sim, and has some new ideas, he/she may not want to reveal them on an internet webboard: Totally understandable, indeed admirable! If so, he/she could have stated this for not wishing to reveal specifics for us.

I am confused here because online flight simming is not a new idea. TargetWare seems a potentially great online-war flight sim, with no programming for offline play except for solo flight training. There is a market here, and one that could grow. What could help it grow is new ideas to program into sims, such as this Miro "Jamm0r" Torrielli programmer did for AI and clouds in BoB. Such work would improve both online and offline simming interest, immersion...and "fun."

Kat....

WallDog [page 2]::
Quote:
'Better Programming' is a cop-out answer. No matter how good the programming is or how strong the AI is, you can always say that if it was 'better' then things would be 'better.' That's a circular logic that just can't stand on its own. Current technology doesn't support 'better' as you envision it, Lexx.
WallDog [page 3]::
Quote:
So what can we do? Well, we can keep trying to 'get blood from a rock' and watch our genre shrink while other genres grow, or we can try to program things better...
-----------

The reason I posted the article about Microsoft's IT security chief using FireFox is because Kat can go to Microsoft's Stephen Toulouse and talk about the weather, Tailgunner can talk to Toulouse about the Beef Market, but nobody here can *talk* to Toulouse about web~browsers. I cannot talk to WallDog about flight simming. ;\) Sorry folks, but its weird to visit flight sim webboards and find a computer industry press release claiming offline simming has no future....like Intel's press claims about nobody needing 64bit desktop until 2008 while Unreal Tournament developers cry now for more than 4GB of memory.

Quote:
Current technology doesn't support 'better' as you envision it, Lexx.
Miro "Jamm0r" Torrielli does support 'better.' \:\)

WallDog [page 2]::
Quote:
Why doesn't anyone buy flight sims anymore? Because they are no longer fun.
Flight simmers, are flight sims no longer fun?