Both McGonigle, and Fly-x-Wire mention the "Living Aerodrome" concept. Fly-x provides a link describing one version of it. I first heard this concept brought up years ago by Kessler, of Full Canvas Jacket/Promised Land fame, in a discussion of what he would like to see in the next flight sim. Kessler did envision this as an online theme only, and applied it to online squads in a dynamic online war.

WallDog has a concept out there. Concepts are very hard to defend with specifics, especially when in their formative phase. Whether his will come to fruition only time will tell.

Lexx, I personally feel that your attacking what WallDog does for a living as a means of shooting down his concept is a bit off base. IMO it only weakens your argument by making it seem you are paranoid about IT professionals.

Both sides have very good arguments and a well reasoned discussion is what a good forum is about. The concept of computer gaming has undergone many changes since RB1 and TNN online play. I doubt that anyone believes there won't be more and larger changes.