Ok Lexx..

I'll tell you what. Maybe we should seperate things out that should be done globally (in all sims) from those things that could be tried in A sim or maybe SOME sims.

One would think it would go without saying that when you use AI you would try to use GOOD AI, and would continiously try to improve AI. Maybe that doesn't go without saying, but I would think it does. Some things are always being improved upon. AI is one of those. Others include graphics, sound, etc.

Within each of the global areas that we are always trying to improve, we sometimes can think of new ways to handle that improvement. In the case of graphics someone at some point thought that using polygon modeling might be worth a try. Luckily for us, someone decided to try that innovation and was consequently able to radically improve flight simulation graphics. That doesn't mean that every simulation from here to eternity needs to use polygons though. If someone comes out with a way they think might be better than polygons, we should look at it.

Within the global area of AI there have been a number of ideas and I think they have been hashed over pretty well in previous posts, so I'll ignore the urge to repeat them here... Suffice it to say that we should be open to new ideas in this area just as we should be open to new ideas regarding graphics.

Sometimes a new idea is radical enough that it might warrant a complete restructuring or reclassification of one of the global areas. I for example am suggesting that we might use real pilots instead of just AI even in what are typically considered 'offline' environments.

**Note: I have been very consistent in that suggestion. You continually say I'm changing my position. I have maintained the same position throughout.

Obviously you wouldn't call human pilots 'AI.' They would be doing what AI typically does, but there would be nothing 'artificial' about them. So maybe if this worked (which it would) you would have to come up with a new name for the global area of 'AI'.

To say that I'm trying to get rid of AI or that I'm trying to get rid of offline gaming per se is just plain inaccurate. Am I talking about changes that don't fit within traditional classifications? Yes. But you are clouding the issue when you say that I am suggesting that these types of gameplay go away. I'm not suggesting that at all. I never have suggested that.

Now, can we please move beyond the bad debate tactics and get back to a real discussion about the future of flight sims?

By the way - the aggrevating part of your posts isn't that you are using bad debate tactics, but that you make it painfully obvious that you KNOW you are using them. How about we just move past that?