Ecellent post von, my thoughts exactly.

It seems to me that every developer takes the easy way out in terms of copying the FPS titles in terms of scripting missions and events, try to introduce "cinematic" qualities and in some instances introduce feeble attempts at mimicking RPG's by introducing characters that evolve.

In part, I suspect they do so because they read reviews of sims made by PFS gamers, and those reviews tend to ask for such stuff. But those reviews are not very representative of what some of us wish for.

Why not have a GAME that is much more open ended in it's structure, as you say von; do away with the silly "You won" screens and instead let the mission conclude to it's very end, and if the pilot survives there could be a lot of creative things done to make a debriefing session that incorporates the mission just flown.

I believe that we do a disservice to our own interests, if we just go along and meekly accept the developers offerings, even if we do not agree to what is being offered.

It shouldn't hit development costs, I rather think they would fall, as what I'm basically saying is that they can do away with the gimmicks that work once, but uppon repetition becomes painfully boring.

Just my 2 cents mind you \:\)

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop