Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4064810 - 01/16/15 08:31 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: dburne]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: dburne
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
[That was a joke about the joystick. Ok half a joke. Flight sims require gear and a learning curve which is an obstacle to casual gamers.

Hmm, I am very much a casual gamer, and I have:
TM Warthog
CH Quadrant in addition to the Warthog for extra axis
CH Combat Pedals
Track IR5

Na if you've got $800 of gear you're not a "casual gamer" ready

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4064811 - 01/16/15 08:33 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: xXNightEagleXx]  
SharpeXB Offline
SharpeXB  Offline

Originally Posted By: WillianG
Originally Posted By: SharpeXB
That was a joke about the joystick. Ok half a joke. Flight sims require gear and a learning curve which is an obstacle to casual gamers. I dunno. Maybe Goat Simulator comes with a 670 manual?

Really? Please WW2 games do not require a manual of 670 page, the whole avionic is quite simple. They are more about flight skill rather than avionics. DCS games do requires even more than that, however they really brought a lot of newcomers and some of them have never played a flight game in the past (at least not seriously). So if you think that the length of a manual is the reason that people are not getting attracted to this game, i'm sorry I really believe that you are so wrong. I hope that devs doesn't think like you (not even close) otherwise this game will never get back on track again.
Just face the fact that at the current stage the game is a fail, it doesn't attract neither the mass nor the whole core gamers pool (some are attracted, some lost their interest and some never jumped into this game).

No sense of humor... duh

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K @4.7GHz | Corsair H80iGT Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC 11GB | 240gb Intel 520 Series SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | Samsung U28D590D UHD 28" Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5
#4064819 - 01/16/15 08:48 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: SkullBiscuit]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
These Graviteam guys any good with this? --- hmmm --- they are Ukrainian, I am inclinded to support them since Putin has gone on the rampage in the Ukraine.

Yep, what JagdNeun said. The Graviteam tactics games are very good if you like RTS tank sims. And no unlocks! No kid silliness at all...

and like you said, the Graviteam guys are Ukrainian thumbsup

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4064824 - 01/16/15 09:01 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
lokitexas Offline
lokitexas  Offline

San Antonio, TX.
I picked up a Graviteam bundle not too long ago on gamersgate.

Not the friendliest as far as pick up and play, but amazing once you get the interface down. Not too big on the more modern theatres but the WW2 ones are great. If you like in depth this is a series not to miss.

Also check out the hd texture dlcs.

#4064826 - 01/16/15 09:04 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: KodiakJac]  
SkullBiscuit Offline
SkullBiscuit  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
Originally Posted By: SkullBiscuit
These Graviteam guys any good with this? --- hmmm --- they are Ukrainian, I am inclinded to support them since Putin has gone on the rampage in the Ukraine.

Yep, what JagdNeun said. The Graviteam tactics games are very good if you like RTS tank sims. And no unlocks! No kid silliness at all...

and like you said, the Graviteam guys are Ukrainian thumbsup

I bought about $50 bucks of their stuff -- 75% off on Steam until Jan 19

Just opened it up and am flawed by the attention to detail -- they actually have an encyclopedia section that breaks out all the stats/numbers on the equipment --- yep -- this is a true simulation!

Just looked over the Soviet stuff for 1960's Cold War scenarios outside of Europe --- Looks real interesting

Kids need not apply biggrin

AMD 8 core at 4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
GTX 970 4GB
Sim on SSD
Win 7 64bit
#4070431 - 01/28/15 05:31 AM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Re the WT references as to sim mode and arcade game player base.

I've dived into WT the last two and a half months, gave it a go a year and a bit ago and wasn't really keen on it but the ground forces seemed interesting. Since they have been having mixed Air and Ground Sim Events the sim numbers have skyrocketed, waiting times are nonexistent and constant full matches. Many of the WT players are saying it is the best the game has been and many have stepped up from Arcade, Realistic and standard Simualtor mode to the new Historical Sim Mode..so no ridiculous cold war tanks meeting Tigers and no mixed teams.

From hanging around the Reddit WT forum a while i see a lot of the players have an IL2 background and many other flight sims as well as Arma and other sim types. In game i chat to many guys who have come from IL2, WWIIO, CFS, MSFS and even some had a go at CloD. In full sim mode i find it easily as enjoyable as i did Il2 online, with Ground forces involved which means tactics etc it is a winner and a total blast. I didn't manage to have anywhere as near enjoyment in nearly a year of playing CloD and mucking around with the FMb to try and get some life into it's stagnancy.

The new historical sim mode with no markers etc has shown that more than a small amount of the player base has been wanting something like this as it's popularity has exploded. Sim mode has a lack of players more so because of the unrealistic and ridiculous matchups and still retained icons when firing on map than because it is a harder mode of gameplay than arcade or realistic. Nobody wants to wait for ten or minutes to get into a match with a Tiger or PZ4/70 and then meet a team of T44's or the like. That was my experience and why i didn't play sim mode much, wasn't worth it. Same with the plane side of it.

The grind model in WT i thought at first was painful which is why i originally bailed when it was just planes..but..grinding the Tanks hasn't felt like a chore as it has forced me to play tanks ..and planes..that i never would have tried out otherwise..and made me find out how best to use them. I've laid out 12 dollars of my own choosing and had an absolute ball. I paid whatever package it was for BoS in the beginning and never dived in once. I can't even remember what package i got biggrin

From what i have seen BoS doesn't get a word in on the Reddit forums at all..never seen it crop up anyway. Il2 series gets mentioned nearly daily in one form or another. I know we like to frown down on the WT players here as they are not 'elite' like us true simmers..but i have found the exact opposite to be true smile

EDIT- just did a search of the forum and found two topics in a year that related to BoS. Found it amusing that things mentioned were..

Will there be coop

Pay to Win was mentioned

Faith in 777

Team Fusion mentioned

RoF business model

This sub forum linked to

and this - The unlock/progression system does seem to be very polarizing on the sim forums. Seems like they could be bringing together the worst of both systems just as easily as the best.

Not to different from us 'simmers' at all ..eh wink

TOPIC HERE

Last edited by Ajay; 01/28/15 05:42 AM.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4070597 - 01/28/15 03:25 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
You go Aussie Jim!

Every time I read your posts I get the itch to get out there. I've been up a couple of times and the wait times have drastically reduced. I could have waited for 2-3, to 5 minutes, but now connection happens in seconds

Just not enough time in a day

Good stuff Ajay smile

#4071011 - 01/29/15 04:27 AM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Hey big ole Bishmeister ! I guess our game times would be miles apart otherwise we could hook up and get a session in and die in a forgotten forest together somewhere in Eastern Europe..the sound of our burning Tigers would strike fear into the next Panzer squad who passed by biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4071212 - 01/29/15 03:09 PM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
'Bishmeister' lol you're a hoot Ajay biggrin

Ya too bad, it would be enjoyable dying with you in a forgotten forest in eastern Europe while we strike fear in the hearts of the enemy. I think wink

#4071566 - 01/30/15 03:26 AM Re: It's safe to say trying to capture the War Thunder crowd has failed... [Re: Force10]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
One word.

Lederhosen wink

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  CyBerkut 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.