Here's a sneak peak of the 0.6 changelog. Pretty much features only, so if you're making missions with 0.5, carry on.
0.6 will likely be a stable release, as with it I have finished essentially all of the features I originally intended to add. We'll do some torture testing before I make a final release of it towards that end.
Any subsequent releases will be bugfix only, unless I have some great idea for a feature. And at some point hopefully I'll make an addon version as well.
- Add switch to disable self-bandage (increases medic role). Self-bandage is on by default.
- Self-bandaging now possible in Iron Front (or without CBA).
- Add initial 'shock' blood loss when hit, in addition to bleeding.
- Detect ACE medical rucks/packs and treat them as medkits.
- Increase effectiveness of 'true' medic class units relative to units simply carrying medkit:
- Doubled base time required to bandage to 14s. It needs to be a consequential action.
- If player is carrying a bandage of any type, a medkit, or is a medic, halve bandage time to 7s. Bandage is consumed.
- Non-medics are given a bandage at mission start.
- Slightly increased time to stabilize for non-medics to 22 seconds. For medics, 17 seconds.
- Increased time to critical heal for non-medics (with the medkit) to 36 seconds (48 if legs broken). For real medics, 28 seconds (40).
- Bug fix: setplate never worked.
- Default body armor/kevlar is determined by faction. Modern armies will have plate and kevlar, older armies will have kevlar only, insurgents will have neither. Check the global_init.sqf if you would like to disable this or alter the faction lists.
- Knockouts caused by concussion will no longer allow players to escape the agony animation. Nor will anything else...!
- Wounded units can now be loaded into vehicles with cargo slots. Drag or carry them to the vehicle, then select 'Load wounded' from the scroll menu. A reminder that wounded units can still operate turrets -- this is as intended.
- Special FX reworked. Includes a new blacking in and out effect for players in agony, better blurs (be sure to use Post-processing Very Low or better), and slightly altered death effects.
- Desperation mode slightly more survivable.
0.6 in general will lower player survivability without immediate medical attention. It will require closer and more responsive action by the medic.
If you want any other features, now's the chance to inspire me!
"It is necessary to develop a strategy that utilizes all the physical conditions and elements that are directly at hand. The best strategy relies upon an unlimited set of responses."
-- Ueshiba Morihei