Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News

Posted by: PanzerMeyer

Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/18/12 09:48 AM

Got this from Bear McCreary's Facebook page this morning,

Bear McCreary

Oh, and I announced to the crowd that I finished scoring the two-hour pilot of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME.
So, yeah... That happened. smile
Posted by: damson

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/18/12 04:20 PM

When it will air? Need some space action TV series bad - the reimagined BSG was right on the spot but unfortunately it had to end at some point. Can't wait for this one.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/18/12 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: damson
When it will air? Need some space action TV series bad - the reimagined BSG was right on the spot but unfortunately it had to end at some point. Can't wait for this one.
No news right now on any release date. It's not even known if it will air on tv or if it will strictly be a web series.
Posted by: Jedi Master

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/21/12 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, by the time it airs the cast will have aged so much it will need to be totally recast if it goes to series. At this point it was filmed like 10 years ago.

The Jedi Master
Posted by: Navigator

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/29/12 01:28 PM

I just don't see it working out for long. The world is just not into this stuff anymore for what ever reason.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/29/12 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Navigator
I just don't see it working out for long. The world is just not into this stuff anymore for what ever reason.
You may be right. Just look at how much SyFy Channel has changed over just the past 5 years. Ah well.
Posted by: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 02/29/12 07:02 PM

BSG was good but I have to agree with the popularity of sci-fi these days.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/01/12 09:47 AM

Apparently people are only interested in films at this point, as the SFC's crappy Sat nite film ratings show.

Crappy 2 hr film? Millions watch.
Quality 1 hr show aired weekly? Good luck finding 1 million to watch.

The Jedi Master

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/01/12 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
Crappy 2 hr film? Millions watch.
Quality 1 hr show aired weekly? Good luck finding 1 million to watch.

The Jedi Master
That right there has to be one of the strongest indicators proving that most people have the attention span of a rock.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/01/12 10:46 AM

Article here expanding on what I mentioned in my original post,

http://airlockalpha.com/node/8983/syfy-preps-blood-chrome-for-release.html
Posted by: HitchHikingFlatlander

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/01/12 12:19 PM

I think the problem is (at least for people like me) is that lots of people watch stuff at their own schedule. For me I enjoy shows and movies on Netflix mostly or wait for a show/film to become downloadable online. My wife and I have a 19mo old so watching TV or movies when we want just doesn't happen.

Thanks for the link!

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/01/12 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HitchHikingFlatlander
I think the problem is (at least for people like me) is that lots of people watch stuff at their own schedule. For me I enjoy shows and movies on Netflix mostly or wait for a show/film to become downloadable online. My wife and I have a 19mo old so watching TV or movies when we want just doesn't happen.

This is very true and it applies to all genres of tv, not just science fiction. In fact, the total viewership for live tv has consistently been dropping for the past couple of years while the total viewership for time shifted (ie DVR) shows has increased.
Posted by: RuhRoh

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/02/12 10:49 AM

We've been 'time shifting' more and more . . . shows available online we'll watch online through various streaming outlets, while episodic shows will either be DVR'd or we'll just catch something interesting on Netflix we haven't seen (recently watched Firefly and Serenity that way.)

The day's of 'watch it when we broadcast it' are numbered for sure.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/02/12 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: RuhRoh
The day's of 'watch it when we broadcast it' are numbered for sure.
I think sporting events will be spared from this though. As a general rule, sports fans want to watch games from their favorite sport live.
Posted by: Eugene

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/06/12 07:39 PM

Time shifting has enabled a lot of people to watch shows - and series - that are longer than they may otherwise have been able to catch. Attention spans may be collapsing in some circumstances - time spent on any specific web site, or any specific communication (say, "tweet"). Yet the multipart special series such as "A Game of Thrones" suggests that there a lot of people who pay attention for quite long stretches.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/07/12 10:21 AM

People's lives are just different now. Instead of everyone coming home, eating dinner, and then sitting in front of the TV all night watching one channel or another, there are far more time sinks out there. People use their PCs, tablets, smart phones, etc to access various parts of the internet for gaming, socializing, music, and even video entertainment.
The latest changes have shown that for years many people were watching prime time TV not because they wanted to but because it was that, read a book, listen to music, or go out. If they weren't too big into any of those others, or only did one, what else was there? You sat and watched whatever was decent.
Myself, I watched a TON of TV until my later high school years. At that time my socializing picked up pace, and I cut my TV to watching only the shows I really liked instead of 1-3 hrs EVERY night of the shows I thought "ok." College came and I got my own PC on top of the other things, so that cut in.

DVRs actually allowed me to pick it back up again a bit, but I only watch about 50% of my shows during the time they actually air. With 2 little ones in the house, it's pretty much a necessity if they're still awake as there is LOTS of pausing, or rewinding because they were too loud to hear what was said! We usually start watching around the time they're almost ready for bed, like 830-930, so we start when shows are already half done or even finished an hour or so back.

The Jedi Master

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 08:55 AM

Trailer for the Blood & Chrome pilot. It looks pretty darn good,

Posted by: Hyena

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 10:05 AM

Hooray for the 'classic' ships.

I had a pretty darn well painted viper model I built back in '80.
Posted by: HarryM

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 10:53 AM

The effects look great, hopefully the story/acting are good also.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 11:45 AM

zb39ky44bsg75?

Of course!!!

The Jedi Master
Posted by: Arthonon

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 02:03 PM

Looks pretty good. I'm guessing they are at least considering releasing it in some way if they made a trailer for it.

Edit: I just tried to watch it again and it has been removed by NBC Universal due to copyright issues, so I guess it wasn't an official trailer.
Posted by: Master

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 02:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfLgM4OiPk&feature=player_embedded
Posted by: Jaz

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 02:26 PM

Looks quite good! I'm looking forward to this one.

Jaz

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
zb39ky44bsg75?

Of course!!!

The Jedi Master

It was given that name so that the Youtube censors wouldn't find it but as you can see from Arthonon's and Master's post, that tactic didn't work for very long. lol
Posted by: Colt40Five

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 07:40 PM

Is anyone else sad that they didn't cast Nico Cortez who played young Adama in "Razor"? I'm still scratching my head over that one he was great.

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/21/12 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
Is anyone else sad that they didn't cast Nico Cortez who played young Adama in "Razor"? I'm still scratching my head over that one he was great.
I'm extremely upset about that casting decision as well.

Not to nitpick but remember how in "Razor" William Adama didn't even get to fight until the very last day of the first cylon war? After that final day, a 40 year truce was in effect until the events of the miniseries. Obviously "Blood & Chrome" will be breaking that established storyline!
Posted by: Jaz

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/22/12 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Colt40Five

Yeah, he was great in Razor. Maybe he already had other commitments.

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Not to nitpick but remember how in "Razor" William Adama didn't even get to fight until the very last day of the first cylon war? After that final day, a 40 year truce was in effect until the events of the miniseries. Obviously "Blood & Chrome" will be breaking that established storyline!

Was it established in Razor that it was his first mission? Because I seem to remember that Adama mentioned experiences from the First Cylon War on occasion.

Jaz

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/22/12 09:05 AM

Oh well....

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-cancelled-syfy/

At least there's this bit of good news,

"The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.

Posted by: Patrocles

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/22/12 09:06 AM

potential demoted to webseries? or has this info changed since Tuesday?
http://io9.com/5895080/totally-badass-tr...lood-and-chrome
Posted by: Patrocles

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/22/12 09:06 AM

eek

booooooooooo

Re: Latest BSG: Blood & Chrome News - 03/22/12 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Patrocles
potential demoted to webseries?

It's not really a demotion but reverting back to the original plan. "Blood & Chrome" was originally planned as a webseries but when "Caprica" was prematurely cancelled, SyFy decided to make a 2 hour pilot and turn B&C into a potential tv series instead. So I guess now SyFy has re-evalutated that decision and has gone back to their original plan.