homepage

BSG on BBCA

Posted By: Bearcat99

BSG on BBCA - 06/27/11 10:38 PM

BSG is being run on BBCA from the beginning... In case someone missed it..
Posted By: KrazIIvan

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/27/11 10:43 PM

I've been watching this on Netflix. I have to say, maybe the best TV ever produced.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/27/11 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: KrazIIvan
I've been watching this on Netflix. I have to say, maybe the best TV ever produced.

It's one of my top 3 favorite tv shows of all time alongside Babylon 5 and the X-Files.
Posted By: BHawthorne

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 04:12 AM

Too bad the last episode sucks so bad. I'll leave my response deliberately vague as not to spoiler though. attack

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: BHawthorne
Too bad the last episode sucks so bad. I'll leave my response deliberately vague as not to spoiler though. attack

"Daybreak" definitely incited very strong emotions from fans both good AND bad.

I won't spoil anything of course but I will say that in general I was pleased with the finale but there were a couple of things (mostly in the second half) that bugged me.
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 12:13 PM

I'll say the finale is fine until the last hour, that's when it breaks down as I think the characters do things that are, well, out of character.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 02:41 PM

BBCA in HD :p

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
BBCA in HD :p

I have the entire series on bluray so I'm set. smile
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/28/11 11:34 PM

Syfy Germany recently did a rerun of BSG as well. Still one of my most favorite TV shows.

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/29/11 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk
Syfy Germany recently did a rerun of BSG as well. Still one of my most favorite TV shows.

I bet Edward James Olmos sounds even more gruff and tough dubbed in German. biggrin

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/29/11 11:36 AM

I've been watching Outcasts in HD on BBCA, looks wonderful.

The Jedi Master

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/29/11 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I've been watching Outcasts in HD on BBCA, looks wonderful.

The Jedi Master

Ah, so you get to see Lee Adama again. wink
Posted By: SkateZilla

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/29/11 06:42 PM

Grace Park :p

Re: BSG on BBCA - 06/29/11 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Grace Park :p
I'm glad to see that she has steady work again with her gig on Hawaii 5-O.
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: BSG on BBCA - 07/13/11 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk

I bet Edward James Olmos sounds even more gruff and tough dubbed in German. biggrin

Actually.....

Well, IMO the horrible German dubbing completely ruined BSG for the German market. While I usually hate voice-overs/dubbing in general, in this case those responsible did an exceptionally bad job with BSG. The translation, the voice-acting, even the mere choice of voice actors are just....wrong.

Back in the 80's, the networks which bought US and UK series at least made an effort to do the translation as well as possible (Miami Vice, Magnum etc. were at least watchable in German). Nowadays - especially when you know the original version - the dubbing makes me cringe every time.

Thankfully, SyFy Germany gives the audience the option to watch with the original audio track.

And, of course there are ways to watch US and UK TV shows in original language one day after they've been aired (albeit stretching legality a bit).

Re: BSG on BBCA - 07/14/11 12:26 PM

I've laughed at the BSG commercials on BBCA where they talk about how they walk among us, looking like us, but they're not...Jamie Bamber is...secretly British!

The Jedi Master

Re: BSG on BBCA - 07/14/11 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I've laughed at the BSG commercials on BBCA where they talk about how they walk among us, looking like us, but they're not...Jamie Bamber is...secretly British!

The Jedi Master
Yeah I still remember being quite shocked when I first found out he was a Brit since I had no idea who he was pre-BSG.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums