homepage

The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS)

Posted By: Lion

The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 05/17/12 03:27 PM

This is the most difficult campaign I've ever played. I keep getting shot down on the first mission most of the time. The longest one ever was 4 missions with the Fulcrum, and 3/4 of those ones I had to eject.

It was getting so annoying that I could only arm my planes with short range IR missiles when an armada of Tomcats were lobbing Phoenixes at me, so I turned off "LimitedSupply" in the campaign files. Even then the Fulcrum's radar can barely lock on to any Western plane D:
Posted By: Stratos

Re: The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 05/17/12 04:20 PM

Well it was a one sided war for the allies, after all they have overhelming superiority in everything, planes, ships, radars, CnC...
Posted By: Lion

Re: The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 05/17/12 06:37 PM

Yeah. But still fun. Especially when the Iraqis start planning attacks on Coalition airbases. :p
Posted By: CA_Stary

Re: The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 05/17/12 06:43 PM

Never made past 1st mission in it sigh

Flying Mirage F1 in attack role those pesky Vulcans allways get me over target
Posted By: bigstone1

Re: The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 05/26/12 03:28 AM

Where did you get this Campaign I want to check it out. Thanks biggrin
Posted By: corsaire31

Re: The Mother of All Battles campaign (ODS) - 07/07/12 01:44 PM

I'm on my 7 th mission (strikes until now) with VFA 82 F18s. Most targets have been ammo bunkers or hardened hangars on airbases. There is sometimes a fighter sweep and/or SEAD flight on target before me, but I consider there won't be.
I change the waypoints to fly mostly over friendly ground, usually put the ingress point at the border so that I don't overfly any armor unit with AA on the way to target. Load 2000 pds bombs for me and wingman, 88 Harms for n° 3 and a few Mk 20 Rockeyes for n°4. Approach at 1500 feet over the deck. Passing 20 nm from target, send n°3 and 4 on "Attack Ground", they fly ahead. If there is a radar I usually hear "shotgun" a few seconds later... Increase throttle, turn ECM on, ask my wingman to attack also main target in case I would miss, make my bombing run and exit straight out pumping chaff and flares. As soon as I release ask everyone to rejoin so they don't loiter around the airbase. Until now only lost 1 plane from division to AA fire.

ODS Campaign found at Combat Ace.
http://combatace.com/files/category/29-sfwo-missionscampaigns/
( 3 parts to donload on page 10 + patch on page 7 )

Note : this is the link for the WOE (SF1) campaign. Also exists for SF2 see post on this forum.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums