homepage

Welsh ladies

Posted By: KraziKanuK

Welsh ladies - 06/19/19 11:04 PM

So I walked into a this bar and heard two girls speaking in what sounded like a lovely Scottish accent. I said: So, are you two girls from Scotland?

One of them said: "Wales Idiot!"

So I said: "Oh, I am terribly sorry about that. So, are you two Whales from Scotland?"

That's the last thing I remember.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/19/19 11:35 PM

Lol

A lot of people say the Welsh accent is very different but I can perfectly understand Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones when they speak. Oh, and we can’t forget about Richard Burton!! That guys voice just oozed gravitas.
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 12:07 AM

I saw both Antonio Banderas Zorro movies. Catherine Zeta-Jones is Spanish. copter
Posted By: Mike Dora

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 12:15 AM

“Antonio Banderas”, in English, is “Tony Flags”.

Reminds me of one of my favorite opera composers, Joe Green (aka Giuseppe Verdi).
Posted By: Mike Dora

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 12:19 AM

PS for KraziKanuk.

Eh? 🇬🇧🇨🇦🙂🙂
Posted By: vonBaur

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 02:08 AM

Opera composer, huh? I always wondered what he did after he retired from The Steelers.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 06:47 AM

The problem with doing an imitation Welsh accent is that it starts sounding more and more like a Pakistani accent by the end. (well that's what happens when I try a Welsh accent biggrin )
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 07:46 AM

My sister-in-law is Welsh. When I first started visiting I kept asking her to pronounce all the road signs smile

I mean where do you start with names like Scleddau and Eglwyswrw? They just look like bad Scrabble hands confused

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alicatt cheers

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Chucky
My sister-in-law is Welsh. When I first started visiting I kept asking her to pronounce all the road signs smile

I mean where do you start with names like Scleddau and Eglwyswrw? They just look like bad Scrabble hands confused

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alicatt cheers

Thanks Chucky smile

Now when you get station names like this "scrabble hand" - can I buy a vowel please smile
http://simhq.com/forum/tmp/16889.jpg

Attached picture Llanfairpwll.jpg
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 12:00 PM

Happy birthday Alicatt! How does it feel to be 40? wink

Re: Welsh ladies - 06/20/19 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Happy birthday Alicatt! How does it feel to be 40? wink

Can't remember that far back PM biggrin thanks for the regards smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums