homepage

Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario?

Posted By: HeinKill

Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario? - 06/18/19 01:49 PM

Given current tensions I thought I might hop into a sim and run the scenario above from a command/cockpit POV just for the current affairs interest.

I've got the full CMANO package but that doesn't really cover it out of the box(es) - anyone know of user made CMANO scenarios that might?

And I have DCS Persian Gulf but I suck at mission building in DCS, and can't find a user made mission set or campaign that matches the above combatants (or close). I guess I could just do USA v Russia single missions on the Gulf map, but that would only be half interesting.

I'm pondering things like:

- how easy would it be to lay something like a CHAMP missile on an Iranian (or Korean for that matter) nuclear facility and temporarily knock it out
- how much of a threat to a US carrier strike group are Iranian Kalat/Houdong class missile boats, if teamed with Moudge and Sahand class frigates and their new Fateh subs
- if a Coalition put similar air assets into a conflict with Iran as it did in Syrian Operation Inherent Resolve, how long would it take to achieve air superiority over Iran (hours, days, weeks?) assuming Iran could quickly 'borrow' Russian anti-air systems like the S-400 with some Russian 'advisers' to crew them.

Not so interested in ground war as I can't see that ever happening.

Simple weapons platform questions, ignoring the complex geopoltics, I know.

H

PS and of course I hope it never happens, just thinking of the 'what if'
Posted By: rollnloop.

Re: Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario? - 06/19/19 11:49 AM

Not exactly what you ask, but my buddies have elaborated, using MBOT's DCE engine, different campaigns for DCS.

My fav is Tomcat over persian gulf, a coalition is fighting Iran in 1993, player obviously flies F-14B, allies fly F-18,F-16, F-15, Mirage 2000, Viggen (yep, it's kind of a stetch). Iran forces use F-14A, F-4E,F-5, but also the ex irakian- Migs (29,21, 23, 25) and SU-24s. Iranian SAMs are both soviet and US.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191858

No groundwar, air superiority campaign.
There's an F-18 variant for those more inclined into precision bombing and antiradar.
Can be flown as a multiplayer campaign (I do this with my RIO buddy).

Be aware you need a mod (to populate deck), and it's quite possible latest DCE update broke wingman AI behavior. Our two latest missions had AI wingmen totally #%&*$# up (doesn't break the system though, just breaks somewhat the suspension of disbelief). Hopefully some hotfix soon.

Once you dig into playing DCS, I really hope you'll dig into ME. With your writing skills I'm pretty certain you'd make great campaigns. Perhaps some here would help with voiceover when needed.
Posted By: HeinKill

Re: Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario? - 06/19/19 07:45 PM

Perfect! S!
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario? - 06/21/19 07:10 AM

Raven One (Good book by the way) is a campaign that is being built specifically for the F-18 and deals with Iran.
Posted By: Major Dragon

Re: Is there a sim that covers a US/Coalition vs Iran/Russia scenario? - 06/21/19 08:31 PM

I’ll add my two cents. Janes F15 has a single player campaign against Iran and there are other user created missions available. However Janes F18 with the Tsh Iraq pak map addon gives you most of Iran to work with and there are numerous excellent user created campaigns flying against Iran either as single player or multi player as well as lots of single missions. The best campaign has to be the 57 mission Operation Persian Freedom campaign by Ripcord.

If you have any questions you can email me directly at

Lee61156@aol.com

Dragon
© 2024 SimHQ Forums