homepage

If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger

Posted By: Haggart

If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 02:28 AM

The government of Australia is slaughtering millions of cats

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/...module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

[Linked Image]
Tabby's last day
Posted By: JimK

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 02:37 AM

Invasive Species, no different then the Bunny invasion.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 08:41 AM

And Cane toads.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 09:29 AM

I like cats they taste like chicken,,
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 10:28 AM

I see Haggart is back in his "National Enquirer" mode. biggrin
Posted By: Nixer

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 12:11 PM

NY Times mode, even worse.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 12:42 PM

As a cat lover I fully understand why they have to be culled,as should any invasive species.

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 01:11 PM

I'm calling P.E.T.A.

Nixer ...."NY Times mode, even worse."

ok fine then ....
https://www.foxnews.com/world/study...alarming-rate-due-to-wild-cats-and-foxes
Posted By: jack72

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 01:16 PM

I'm a member of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)
We exchange recipes.......

Veal Marsala tonight. (first time making it)..

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 01:16 PM

mad

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 01:17 PM

How can you tell when someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll let you know very quickly.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
How can you tell when someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll let you know very quickly.

Oi Panzer! Two of my children are Vegan!

............on reflection though, you are quite right smile
Posted By: Sokol1

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 02:51 PM

Australia "Emu War".

"The machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated.
The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic.
A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month."

"If we had a military division with the bullet-carrying capacity of these birds it would face any army in the world...
They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks.
They are like Zulus whom even dum-dum bullets could not stop."!
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jack72
I'm a member of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)
We exchange recipes.......

Veal Marsala tonight. (first time making it)..
hahaha burger winkngrin

S!Blade<><

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 05:41 PM

Cooking veal marsala huh? I can barely boil water myself.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/26/19 09:14 PM

My niece is a vegan. I'm always wary if she's been cooking. Vegan food tastes like #%&*$#.
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 04/27/19 12:15 AM

Every animal lover likes cats, especially the cuddly, friendly ones or kittens. The ones being culled are not of that persuasion, being ruthless exterminators of birds, small lizards and native marsupials (Not kangaroos of course). They grow very large in the bush, with some capable of taking lambs, and are a canny and difficult animal to eradicate, like foxes. Probably impossible. I have shot (at) a few and learnt that like crows they can easily differentiate between a man carrying a rifle and one not. Don't waste any sympathy on these things Haggart.

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 05/01/19 02:22 AM

I like birds and have 5 different feeders in my backyard ..... SLAY ALL OF THOSE VICIOUS FERAL FELINES !!
ar15
Posted By: JimK

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 05/01/19 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Haggart
I like birds and have 5 different feeders in my backyard ..... SLAY ALL OF THOSE VICIOUS FERAL FELINES !!
ar15

From living in Mn my Life, DNR recommends feeders be pulled in April and only put back in November. Natural seed growth cycles have worked for years.
Only attract Bears off season.

Re: If You Live in Australia & Have a Cat, It Could Be in Grave Danger - 05/01/19 03:47 AM

Well here where bears are only found in W. Texas state or federal parks, April is a very important time for feeding birds who are trying to raise their young.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums