homepage

Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer

Posted By: Patrocles

Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 04/24/19 02:05 PM

Film of Australians and New Zealanders in the Vietnam War. Text says due in Cinemas on August 8 (N.A. i hope). I will have to check this summer to see if it will be playing in one of the many theaters in/around Chicagoland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan

Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 04/24/19 11:18 PM

Relevant to my interest.
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 04/24/19 11:58 PM

Hope it comes here
Posted By: JimK

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 04/25/19 01:04 AM

Watch the trailer yesterday, hell yeah, I will watch it.

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 07/01/19 03:27 PM

second trailer was posted a few weeks ago (first trailer above in first post). release date of August 8 from the description.

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 07/01/19 03:31 PM

This looks really good. I'll be watching it.

edit: I just checked on IMDB and there is no North American theatrical release date so this will either show up on some streaming service or cable channel. Maybe we'll get a small limited release via Fathom Events like what was done with the WWI documentary by Peter Jackson.

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 08/11/19 02:06 AM

An interview with Lt Col Harry Smith who commanded the Australians and New Zealanders at Long Tan is up at the guardian site

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...n-i-was-too-bloody-busy-to-be-frightened
Posted By: Ajay

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 08/11/19 11:55 AM

My best mates Dad was involved. We are super keen to go.
Posted By: 33lima

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 08/11/19 12:55 PM

Thanks for posting, looks good - and it's got SLRs! A worthy successor to 'The Odd Angry Shot'.

Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/08/19 09:35 PM

Its available now on Amazon prime and iTunes effective 08/Nov, definitely will be checking it out over the weekend!
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/08/19 09:55 PM

I am watching this right now. I must be ignorant. I didn't know Australia had troops in the Vietnam War, along with South Korea, Thailand, New Zealand and the Philippines, fighting alongside the American army,
Posted By: Trooper117

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/09/19 12:02 PM

You need to watch ''The Odd Angry Shot'' all about the Australian SAS in Vietnam..
Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/09/19 10:16 PM

Just finished it. Loved it! Kinda reminded me a bit of "We Were Soldiers"
Posted By: NH2112

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 07:01 PM

I give it a 3.5/5, there was no character development so when someone was killed (a good guy) it was just “hmmm. That sucks.” And who the hell had them all just standing around in the open when they got to the hut? Go prone, take a knee behind cover, something!
Posted By: NoFlyBoy

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 07:28 PM

I liked it.
Posted By: rwatson

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 09:23 PM

Is there a link to the trailer in the first post ?? All I see is a WIKI link
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 09:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyUqZLwOo2Y
Posted By: 453Raafspitty

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 09:45 PM

Drop Shorts won that battle.Same as what they did for the battle of La Drang Valley..
We Were Soldiers was a great movie but you need read the book of the same name.

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 09:53 PM

Thanks Pooch

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 09:53 PM

Spitty it's Ia Drang valley
Posted By: JimK

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 11/13/19 10:14 PM

Looks like a fun show.

Re: Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan – Official Teaser Trailer - 12/29/19 12:37 PM

I use the poor man's netflix of the public library for a lot of movies/shows/docs. I asked my public library to purchase the bluray and/or DVD of Danger Close and I received a notice that the film is on order and the item will automatically be placed on hold when the copies arrive. smile
© 2024 SimHQ Forums