homepage

Triple Frontier

Posted By: RossUK

Triple Frontier - 03/13/19 09:49 AM

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1488606/

I think this looks like it could be good, kind of reminds me of a film version of Ghost Recon.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/13/19 10:09 AM

Mmmmm...... interesting. Thanks!
Posted By: reconmercs

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 03:22 AM

Watched it tonight, LOVED IT. definitely recommend.
Posted By: Meatsheild

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 05:54 AM

it was a film of 2 halfs for me, i loved the first half, the action etc was incredibly well done, but the 2nd half just failed to really hold me.

Its still worth a watch though.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 08:55 AM

Turned it off during the exfil, will watch the rest tonight.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 10:40 AM

I'll check this out. I'm curious to see Ben Affleck in his "I'm no longer Batman" mode. biggrin

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 10:42 AM

Oh and I am just burning to say this:

"Ghost Recon: Wildlands The Movie". biggrin
Posted By: Master

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/14/19 08:38 PM

First half was really good. The last half wasnt as good but only because the first half set a really good pace. I'd watch an entire movie of the second half if thats what I was expecting when I sat down. It wasnt a bad half. It just wasnt what I was expecting when I went into it.
Posted By: Meatsheild

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/15/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Master
First half was really good. The last half wasnt as good but only because the first half set a really good pace. I'd watch an entire movie of the second half if thats what I was expecting when I sat down. It wasnt a bad half. It just wasnt what I was expecting when I went into it.

thats pretty much what i thought as well

!! movie spoilers below !!!

it was like it was 2 movies, with the 1st half being a super good action movie, with the exfil being a hardship and finding yourself thing. They should have stuck with either one of the other. Personally i would have preferred it if they had the weight issue, then instead of crashing before the mountains, dumped all the money, then crashed just after them, then had the car case to the boat bit.

I couldn't help thinking when the kid shot afleck that "well, they couldn't afford him for the whole film" smile
Posted By: JimK

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/15/19 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meatsheild
Originally Posted by Master

thats pretty much what i thought as well

!! movie spoilers below !!!

it was like it was 2 movies, with the 1st half being a super good action movie, with the exfil being a hardship and finding yourself thing. They should have stuck with either one of the other. Personally i would have preferred it if they had the weight issue, then instead of crashing before the mountains, dumped all the money, then crashed just after them, then had the car case to the boat bit.

I couldn't help thinking when the kid shot afleck that "well, they couldn't afford him for the whole film" smile

Pretty much my feelings about it. After raided they the compound it became a new movie.
Posted By: WangoTango

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/16/19 03:08 AM

Preview looks good. Not a fan of Ben Affleck though. That goes for most of Hollywood.
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/16/19 03:47 AM

I thought this was good. Very good, in fact. I don't agree with the "First half, second half," comments. The whole film held my attention. I wouldn't have wanted a brainless shoot em up from beginning to end. Well done, I thought.
Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/19/19 01:13 AM

watched 30 minutes, enough.

the Triple Frontier became notorious for Hezbollah+Iranian+etc operatives raising money for international ops, mostly in the Middle East and intense contraband traffic from Paraguay into Brazil, including drugs but mostly everything else. It got smothered quite quickly after 9/11 and today is a shadow of its former self.

having filmed it in Hawaii makes the movie feel terribly fake, almost farcical, some place in Central America would have been better.

the first scene in Colombia is a bit better, Colombia looks as much as the Triple Frontier as Portugal looks like Italy,

at least Colombians look somewhat authentic, but the "cops" act like those in Max Payne III, a grotesque caricature.

the Director, JC Chandor is one of my favorites, he is hopelessly out of his depth in this movie.

American Made, that is what I am going to watch instead, for the 3rd time, what a wonderful movie and Tom Cruise is great in it.

Posted By: Recluse

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/21/19 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

EXACTLY my thoughts...

in fact, when they crash landed the helo, I remarked to the family "I've made a lot of landings just like that in Ghost Recon!"

One thing...it wasn't clear where they were at all times. It seemed they were in Brazil for a bit, but people were speaking Spanish not Portuguese. There was a signpost at one point that said "Bienvenidos a Brasil".... again.. Spanish instead of Portuguese..

or did I miss something??
Posted By: THX-1138

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/22/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Recluse
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

EXACTLY my thoughts...

in fact, when they crash landed the helo, I remarked to the family "I've made a lot of landings just like that in Ghost Recon!"

One thing...it wasn't clear where they were at all times. It seemed they were in Brazil for a bit, but people were speaking Spanish not Portuguese. There was a signpost at one point that said "Bienvenidos a Brasil".... again.. Spanish instead of Portuguese..

or did I miss something??

The movie, just as in Ghost Recon:Wildlands, is set in Bolivia.

They cross to Brazil near the border with Bolivia to hide from Bolivian law enforcement. The radio calls between the team and the Bolivian LEOs were almost a direct copy from the game. They had the correct Bolivan accents in them! What set me off is that they filmed the jungle shots in Hawaii!!!! But they filmed the start scenes in Colombia??? What gives?

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/22/19 02:17 PM

Thanks to that latest info from THX-1138, I am absolutely convinced that either the director or one of the writers is a fan of GR Wildlands. biggrin
Posted By: HogDriver

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/28/19 06:34 AM

I watched it, and liked it for the most part.

Compared to other "Netflix Originals", it's a gem. Most of you probably know what I mean if you've been following the culture war for the last few years.

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/28/19 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by HogDriver

Compared to other "Netflix Originals", it's a gem. .

Heh, I know what you mean. I'm a big science fiction fan so I've watched several of the Netflix original scifi movies and it's been very hit or miss so far.
Posted By: archermav

Re: Triple Frontier - 03/28/19 10:47 AM

I watched it last night, decent enough film, so thanks for heads up.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums