homepage

kilt question

Posted By: KraziKanuK

kilt question - 02/06/19 11:11 PM

Wearing a kilt in the military means going regimental Do female soldiers wearing kilts also go regimental?
Posted By: DM

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 09:31 AM

I don't know that female soldiers do wear kilts :/
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 11:33 AM

What exactly does "going regimental" mean?
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 11:38 AM

I wonder if it's like when a man "goes commando" meaning not wearing underwear.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 11:43 AM

Hmmmm, according to Wikipedia, I am correct. Read the first paragraph under "Background."
Wikipedia link
Posted By: AndyB

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 11:58 AM

Hi Guys,

As a Scot how has worn a kilt on numerous occasions I can confirm that it is "normal" not to wear anything under it. In fact, because of the weight and weave of the fabric it's actually warmer under there than wearing normal boxers and trousers. It actually feels brilliant.

Cheers,

andy

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 12:30 PM

You learn something new on SimHQ every day. I love it. smile
Posted By: rwatson

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 01:20 PM

well sure answers the ago old question 'What do they wear under a Kilt ?"

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 01:48 PM

Did the "no underwear" tradition also apply to soldiers who wore kilts on the battlefield in past wars? popcorn

Re: kilt question - 02/07/19 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Did the "no underwear" tradition also apply to soldiers who wore kilts on the battlefield in past wars? popcorn

Yes. The gas attacks were very painful. The gas reacted with moister on the body.
Posted By: BD-123

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by AndyB
Hi Guys,

As a Scot how has worn a kilt on numerous occasions I can confirm that it is "normal" not to wear anything under it. In fact, because of the weight and weave of the fabric it's actually warmer under there than wearing normal boxers and trousers. It actually feels brilliant.

Cheers,

andy

Don't you get a stiff breeze up the Trossachs though?

Sometimes underwear is imperative though........
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 10:55 AM

Aye, the kilt is a warm garment, in the summer around here it is a bit too warm to wear it, fine for back home in Scotland

2015 at my wedding
[Linked Image]

My Great Grandfather
[Linked Image]

Not sure if he went "commando" he had passed away before I was born so never got a chance to ask him wink

When I took friends over to Scotland from Belgium here, they thought it was a joke that Scots men went commando until one of them took an "up skirt" picture of a doorman in Edinburgh, well she got an eyeful biggrin
I've had that happen to me too, two lassies crouching down behind me and using the mirror on their compact to look up my kilt, they walked away with a red face biggrin

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 11:36 AM

Thank you for sharing that wonderfully funny story Alicatt!

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 11:52 AM

Of course she did share the photo, so I've seen it, lets say it's not safe for work dizzy

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Alicatt

Of course she did share the photo, so I've seen it, lets say it's not safe for work dizzy

Um...yeah, that's ok. I'm sure us guys here on SimHQ can do without seeing it. biggrin
Posted By: MarkG

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 05:30 PM

I see Alicatt's pics and Big Country's "In a Big Country" (1983) pops into my head. tuner

Re: kilt question - 02/08/19 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
I see Alicatt's pics and Big Country's "In a Big Country" (1983) pops into my head. tuner

It makes me think of the TV show Monarch of the Glen.
Posted By: Forward Observer

Re: kilt question - 02/09/19 12:55 AM

Ok, there's an old tasteless but still funny joke about kilts. I sincerely apologize for the following in advance

Question:

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts.

Answer:

Because sheep can hear zippers.

Cheers

Posted By: NH2112

Re: kilt question - 02/09/19 02:32 AM

Billy Connolly once said

The best place to shag a sheep is at the edge of a cliff, they push back really hard.

Billy Connolly
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: kilt question - 02/09/19 06:35 AM

[quote=NH2112]Billy Connolly once said

I've never heard something so simultaneously disgusting and funny, wow...
Posted By: Mike Dora

Re: kilt question - 02/09/19 01:03 PM

Nothing is worn under the kilt.

It’s all in perfect working order.
Posted By: Mike Dora

Re: kilt question - 02/09/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Aye, the kilt is a warm garment, in the summer around here it is a bit too warm to wear it, fine for back home in Scotland

Very true. Wore my kilt on deployment to the Congo back in 2003. Very[u][/u]warm.

Learned from the experience though, bought a tropical-weight kilt for subsequent deployments to East Timor, Pakistan, Libya, Congo again etc πŸ‘πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ˜‰

Re: kilt question - 02/11/19 09:54 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: kilt question - 02/11/19 10:16 PM

I advise against flashing dangly bits in front of a cat... (especially with your back turned to it.) eek

Re: kilt question - 02/12/19 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
I advise against flashing dangly bits in front of a cat... (especially with your back turned to it.) eek

Aye, well, there by hangs a tale...

Anyway taken a year ago or so giving a talk on Scotland to an adult education class in Belgium.

[Linked Image]

At least I did not get any problems from the Muslim community at this event unlike the last time I did a talk at a school that is in a predominately Muslim community.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums