homepage

Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator

Posted By: Coot

Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 07:37 PM

This looks pretty decent. One of my favorite aircraft to fly in FS2004 were the low and slow planes with tundra tires in the Pacific Northwest so this is looking really cool to me. Seems to be modeling a lot of detail and I like the simulator's focus on one aircraft type and mission type so that hopefully it can do one thing well instead of a bunch of things just okay.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/771800/Deadstick__Bush_Flight_Simulator/
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 07:40 PM

Does look like fun.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 08:41 PM

Hmmm. Will have to keep an eye on it.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Coot
This looks pretty decent. One of my favorite aircraft to fly in FS2004 were the low and slow planes with tundra tires in the Pacific Northwest so this is looking really cool to me. Seems to be modeling a lot of detail and I like the simulator's focus on one aircraft type and mission type so that hopefully it can do one thing well instead of a bunch of things just okay.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/771800/Deadstick__Bush_Flight_Simulator/

Looks like they have plans to expand a bit...

Our shortlist of things to add before we exit Early Access are as follows:
Additional aircraft.
Multiplayer & shared cockpit.
VR support.

As long as they are smart about it, that could work out quite nicely! smile
Posted By: Master

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 09:24 PM

I'll support them for the future MP. That would be really fun to do in coop.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 09/21/18 10:40 PM

I'm in when they add VR support!

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 06:43 AM

They finally came out with a recent update on the game's progress. I suppose whenever they do their live stream that we'll finally get some in-game footage of the sim.

Hi future Deadstick pilots,

First of all, please let us lead with a massive apology for the radio silence on the release date front. All focus has been on overcoming some large technical hurdles and this has absorbed a huge amount of time, thankfully we are coming out of that dark tunnel and can start to share more information about Deadstick in the coming weeks and months leading up to the Early Access release.

When is this? Is the much asked (and valid) question. We are now aiming for a Q2 2019 release.
We realise this is still a bit vague at this time but this is a window we now feel comfortable hitting and can zero in on a firmer date as one becomes more realistic.

With various technical issues now behind us, we plan to improve development progress visibility by scheduling bimonthly live streams, the first of which will be at 4pm GMT on the 14th of March 2019. Details of where you can watch these will be provided closer to the time.
These will be a great way to see the latest game progress and give you the chance to ask questions directly to the developers of Deadstick.

We can’t wait to show off more of the game. We hope you are as excited as we are!
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 11:57 AM

The 14th of March was a month ago.....
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
The 14th of March was a month ago.....

Better than it being over a year ago. biggrin

Wheels
Posted By: BlueHeron

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 05:05 PM

Definitely worth checking out. Would make a nice change from military aviation and combat flying.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 06:16 PM

Neat. Wonder how the objectives will work out, or if it will simply be a sandbox like Elite.
Posted By: Crane Hunter

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 07:33 PM

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/9/17336124/deadstick-bush-flight-simulator-release-date-price

Looks interesting, although not sure f it'd be my cup of tea or not.

Re: Deadstick - Bush Flight Simulator - 04/19/19 07:52 PM

Live Stream starts at about 12:12

I didn't realize it was an older communication. However I went onto youtube and indeed found the live stream they mentioned so they have been accurate. I just watched some of it and this sim is looking quite impressive to me and as I listen to the gentleman doing the live stream, he seems to be saying all the right things. From what I can see too, this is not some budget "farm and construction simulator" on Steam. This looks like a serious effort and appears to have a lot of quality and also a level of immersion that not many sims have.

The gentleman, when asked about realism vs. assessibility, stated that he is a pilot and that they are looking for a balance but with the emphasis on simulator. The video shows their interactive component system. Looks like most things are modeled and can be interacted with. For example, while doing a walk around and wanting to check his stall warning indicator, he had to get into the plane and turn the master switch on. Also there is a wear and tear system part of which is based on your own flying and ability to take care of the plane. For example if you let your starter motor degrade, you may have to get out and hand start your propeller. Also cargo loading has an effect on aircraft performance. When he takes off it looks like its having a hard time climbing on take off because of the barrel he put in the back.

The world is also a truly open world. So from a first person perspective while in your home hanger, you could actually walk out the hanger doors and walk across the map if you wanted. He also showed the crash model which looks really good. It looks similar to Rise of Flight in that its dynamic. No switching out to a damage model. Aircraft skin can actually crunch and in his crash his wing came off and the prop got bent. Also, when he opened the hatch and got out, the change in weight distribution caused the aircraft to roll over.

There's a real tangibility to this one that looks great. Looks like most switches are clickable. He says there will also be Track IR and VR support.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums