homepage

Surgery this Morning

Posted By: KRT_Bong

Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 08:40 AM

Well, it's been a long wait (since May) but I'm having Hernia surgery this morning. Two of them; Inguinal and Umbilical. It's out-patient going in at 5:30am and had to do the whole washing up with anti bacterial soap and no food after 12 etc.. and then again this morning. I shouldn't be worried but I have never had anything like this done so I didn't get any sleep at all last night and I am still Wide Awake. Oh well, the anesthesia will take care of that. Wish me Luck
Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 09:14 AM

Praying for success and problem free surgery!
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 10:36 AM

I will have you in my thoughts KRT and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Alicatt

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 11:16 AM

Best of luck for your operation.

My wife was in for an epidural infusion of cortisone for 4 hernias in her upper back and neck yesterday, 4 hours of injecting the fluid into her spine and she has to go back on the 28th to get the other side done, we are hoping that she doesn't need surgery.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Alicatt
Best of luck for your operation.

My wife was in for an epidural infusion of cortisone for 4 hernias in her upper back and neck yesterday, 4 hours of injecting the fluid into her spine and she has to go back on the 28th to get the other side done, we are hoping that she doesn't need surgery.

I'm really sorry to hear that Alicatt. Do the doctors know what caused the hernias?

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 11:34 AM

over work, she worked in the family steel construction business, she has been advised not to do anything heavy in the future, she is 61 and still has another 4 years to go before she can retire with a pension
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 12:04 PM

Good luck KRT!
Posted By: Fracture

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 02:17 PM

Good luck and speedy recovery KRT.
Mine is set for the 26th of this month.
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 04:14 PM

Best of luck. I don't think anybody can sleep the night before a surgery. I hope the recovery is as smooth as possible.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LB4LB
Best of luck. I don't think anybody can sleep the night before a surgery. I hope the recovery is as smooth as possible.

I've always slept just fine before surgery. Clean living I guess wink
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 04:38 PM

We used to talk about computers and simulations.

Now we talk about colonoscopies and hernias.

It’s sad.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 05:32 PM

LOL

+1 OG
Posted By: Dart

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 05:41 PM

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Originally Posted by oldgrognard

It’s sad.

Next up: reviews of the best adult diapers and boner pills.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 06:00 PM

What ever happened to those commercials for male enhancement pills like Extenze?

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 08:13 PM

I appreciate all the positive wishes. I got out of surgery about 10:30 with only pain in my belly button which took a couple oxy-codone to dull down. Still hurts now but not as bad, still can't sleep even though I feel tired. I have to say that for my first experience for a surgical procedure it was really good. the Doctor told me the Inguinal Hernia was Very large, like 18" long and I had fluid in my sack which he drained (sorry if I'm being graphic if you don't know what inguinal hernias are just google the image) on a side note I'd say that 85% of the female staff at this Hospital are just drop dead gorgeous, so definitely a plus. And yeah it is sad to get old and trade surgery stories, I hope not to have too many of those to share lol. actually just chuckling laughing hurts.
Posted By: piper

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 09:19 PM

Good on ya KRT_Bong.

Had a hernia repaired couple years ago. Hurt like heck to move for a couple days afterward, but best to try to stay active (will heal faster).

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 09:21 PM

The last time I met up with all my old friends, we all had stories about illness and surgeries. We used to talk about cars, booze and women, then it was kids, minivans, and privacy fences, and now getting old.

Panzer, I think I saw an American Greed episode about the guy who was selling Extenze. I think he ended up in prison. I don't think he wants to see those pills now. biggrin
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/13/18 09:41 PM

Bong, I'm glad to hear it was successful. Which hospital... oldgrognard and I may need that information for future reference. wink

It’s sad.

We are just working our way around to discussing computer simulated. virtual reality colonoscopies.

Inevitably, someone will complain about a lack of smell-o-vision...

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/14/18 07:19 AM

swappin pics of your last operation wink

[Linked Image]

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/14/18 02:58 PM

Last night was agonizing, this morning woke up early could barely roll out of bed to go pee at 5am. I am bloated somewhat and still cant do any "business" but I took 2 Dulcolax and another pain pill (Norco) which does nothing. went back to bed and was up again by 9 and took 2 pain pills which took my pain from a 10 to about 7. I talked to a buddy who had the exact same operation and he confirmed this is what he experienced. I'm just putting this down here for anyone who is looking to have a similar procedure that to be prepared. Not to scare you, but I hope you at least have pretty nurses.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/14/18 04:22 PM

Get better soon thumbsup

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/17/18 06:44 PM

It’s sad.

Mine's being done Lapriscopicly, that's kinda sorta tech related, and I'm sure they had to practice on a sim of some type. smile

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/17/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Last night was agonizing, this morning woke up early could barely roll out of bed to go pee at 5am. I am bloated somewhat and still cant do any "business" but I took 2 Dulcolax and another pain pill (Norco) which does nothing. went back to bed and was up again by 9 and took 2 pain pills which took my pain from a 10 to about 7. I talked to a buddy who had the exact same operation and he confirmed this is what he experienced. I'm just putting this down here for anyone who is looking to have a similar procedure that to be prepared. Not to scare you, but I hope you at least have pretty nurses.

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm 46, I don't bounce back from things like I used to, so I'm not looking forward to it.
It won't be as bad as ACL reconstructive surgery was, but, I'm not 18 anymore lol

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/18/18 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fracture
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm 46, I don't bounce back from things like I used to, so I'm not looking forward to it.
It won't be as bad as ACL reconstructive surgery was, but, I'm not 18 anymore lol

Mine was both the Inguinal and the Umbilical Hernia of which the latter was more painful initially, the incision at my waist is not painful at all but they pulled 18 inches of small bowl and a fluid sack out of my scrotum ( eek I know). On the first day I didn't really look at any of it so Saturday I'd have thought I had gotten male enhancement surgery, it looked like Thanos, Big and Purple and a little hard to avoid sitting on. I went to work last night and I hadn't been on my feet for that long since Thursday so it felt really tight across my abdomen but most of my pain is still in my groin which is gradually returning to normal. It will be at least 2 weeks for the sutures to heal.

Incidentally, a couple IPA's and some Cannabis is way more effective than Hydrocodone, jus sayin

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/18/18 09:02 PM

Oh man, I still have hernias that will one day need fixing. I don't know if my abdomen area can take another surgery. I am feeling sympathy pain just reading your posts. I just had my gall bladder out a couple of months ago, so I quess I'm do for something. I sometimes think that pain medication doesn't really help with the pain, it just makes you too zoned out to care about it. I hope you start to feel better real soon ! My nephew is having success with cannabis while going thru heavy chemo. I tell him all the time, I might just give him a call one night. LOL. biggrin

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/19/18 11:19 PM

Hope recovery is geting better for ya.
I picked up some post-op reading material today from half price books. (Red Storm Rising, Rainbow Six, and a textbook for Fluid Mechanics)
Incidentally, my hernia is just Inguinal.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/20/18 12:21 AM

My next few months...so far...

Two skin cancer out patient surgeries, two lower abdominal hernias out patient surgeries (dunno WTF kind) fixed AGAIN (second time), half my skin frozen by liquid nitrogen, a freakin colonoscopy, ongoing minus a couple gallons of blood in tests, a CT scan, a PET scan, dentures, freakin HARD college work and...

I start to get bummed or worried, then I think about our friends Murphy and Airdrop and I feel like a whimp. I am in NO way belittling your situation _Bong, just personally venting I guess.

Re: Surgery this Morning - 09/20/18 02:11 AM

You go ahead and vent, I am in agreement about our friends, my sisters husband has diabetes and she has already been a widow once and his situation is getting more dire. I've seen a couple acquaintances in the last month pass unexpectedly It just goes on and on, pain is pain, I can look forward to getting better and hopefully be only in my present state for a week or two more. Others are dealing with far more. I'm already back at work and tomorrow is my long day shift and marks a week since my surgery. I have been in a constant state of discomfort all day and just about my limit for pain. My um, special parts are really, really hurting and that with the occasional stabbing pains just under my waist where the incision is that come without warning, I'm a singer and lets just say I can do Joe Cocker and Michael Jackson right now.
Well off to Bed,
tomorrow is a long day
© 2024 SimHQ Forums