homepage

Life is good (baseball)

Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Life is good (baseball) - 08/09/18 01:50 PM

My Boston Red Sox are currently 81-34 and have a 9 game lead over the "Evil Empire". smile

Football is a lost cause for me though.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/09/18 01:56 PM

We spent a little time at my parents last night (next door) and dad had a game on, the Braves against a team I'd never heard of (the Nationals). I'd forgotten it was even baseball season.

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/09/18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by MarkG
We spent a little time at my parents last night (next door) and dad had a game on, the Braves against a team I'd never heard of (the Nationals). I'd forgotten it was even baseball season.

LOL!!! The Nationals used to be the Montreal Expos. That change occurred back in 2004.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/09/18 03:14 PM

It's so easy to hate the BoSox (and the Yankees for that matter). I need my sports villains, and any team that is great for a long time qualifies, unless of course it's the Fightin' Phils.

This Red Sox team is historically great. Did you know no Red Sox team has won 100 games since they went to a 162-game schedule. This one will. They are that good. And disgusting biggrin

Go Phils!

In your last baseball thread PM I think I stated that the Phillies would go 82-82, but they've surprised me and so far have held off the challenge from the Braves and Nats, but we are getting down to it, and as the youngest? team in the majors the Phillies need to prove they are up to closing the deal. We shall see.

I don't think Mark is aware of too much since '89 biggrin

just kidding mate
Posted By: LB4LB

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/09/18 04:57 PM

I find that I am rooting the for The Red Sox now that they have some old Tiger favorites.Rick Porcello and J.D. Martinez are class acts and outstanding baseball players.

I find the most silly thing about the Yankees is that small ball park they play in. It's like a soft ball or little league park. It takes away from the game, big time. IMHO.
Posted By: MarkG

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/10/18 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by DBond
I don't think Mark is aware of too much since '89 biggrin

Lol. biggrin

Funny you mention '89. I moved to Atlanta late-'88 and became a Braves fan for the '89 season, mainly because of the many games I went to as tickets were so dirt cheap (in the old Atlanta-Fulton Co, Stadium).

And then the very next year (IIRC) they started that exciting early-'90s run that ultimately ended in winning a World Series (my timing was impeccable). I still remember the names of the starting lineups of those years, and most of the bench. Moved to Jax, FL in '96 and that was the last of my interest in sports.
Posted By: DBond

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/10/18 02:24 PM

Yeah, those Braves teams were good. They joined the NL East in '94 with realignment and that sucked. Lost the crap Cubs and Bucs and got that awesome Braves team in the division.
Posted By: VMIalpha454

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/11/18 02:23 AM

Go Braves!

Re: Life is good (baseball) - 08/13/18 11:31 AM

And Boston just keeps on rolling!!!!
© 2024 SimHQ Forums