homepage

1000 rounds Nerf Gun build

Posted By: Blade_RJ

1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/10/18 05:06 PM

Posted By: Coot

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/10/18 07:55 PM

That was a joy to watch him work on that. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: adlabs6

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/10/18 10:32 PM

Hahah! That was good! biggrin
Posted By: Nixer

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 12:12 AM

What a workshop!

So cool to watch someone his age having that much fun with a toy.

Cool toy too!
Posted By: Zamzow

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nixer
What a workshop!

I had seen some videos of him making things, but I'd never sat and taken a serious look at his workshop until I saw your comment. He has a lot more stuff in there than my previous memory of videos would have thought - serious tinkerers candyland there.

And serious Worlds Coolest Dad stuff with the gun too!
Posted By: Moved_on

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 01:34 PM

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing Blade. biggrin
Posted By: Coot

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 07:17 PM

I didn't understand though how the base nerf gun worked though. When he holds the trigger you can hear it operating but I was not able to understand the mechanic. Is there a hidden CO2 cartridge in there or some sort of charge up electric blower?
Posted By: MarkG

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 07:37 PM

[EDIT: Oops, just repeating what was said above...]

That was neat, and I love seeing a fellow AARP-age guy showing passion and excitement for his project...

Around 32:00 - 33:00: "Isn't that cool?!"..."Awe, dude!" biggrin

A fun going attitude like his is infectious.
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Coot
I didn't understand though how the base nerf gun worked though. When he holds the trigger you can hear it operating but I was not able to understand the mechanic. Is there a hidden CO2 cartridge in there or some sort of charge up electric blower?

Reprocating spring loaded mechanism. Basically a electric motor rotates a oval lever that pulls back the spring loaded ramming rod and release to launch the Nerf balls.
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: 1000 rounds Nerf Gun build - 06/11/18 11:50 PM

No!
There's two spinning cylinders near the muzzle, like for a baseball pitching machine (that's what you hear when the first trigger is pressed). They eject the balls.
The balls are transported towards the muzzle ejector with the set of three black spinning star-staped discs that line the trough at the bottom. They are activated with the second trigger. It's explained fairly well, actually.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums