homepage

Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something?

Posted By: Cajun

Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 06:09 PM

Has this story been over-hyped? Am I missing something?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/15/entertainment/carrie-underwood-face-acm-awards/index.html

"Underwood shared on her website in January that she had fallen on the porch of her Nashville home, resulting in a broken wrist and a facial injury that required "40-50 stitches."

"Carrie Underwood says she 'might look a bit different' after face injury."

When I first read about this, my heart went out to this performer. It sounded like a pretty horrific injury. Plastic surgery can only do so much.

When the first pictures of her face appeared, I started scratching my head and wondering "Huh???"

I can see no evidence of any injury.

I am wondering if there is more to this story that Underwood and her group are not disclosing.
Posted By: jack72

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 06:28 PM

Sound like the story of Corey Feldman who was stabbed.
After reading the story, I was wondering how he ever survived.

Corey Feldman stabed..
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 06:51 PM

Why is this in PWEC?

Do Carrie Underwood fans get especially controversial and outspoken when it comes to her? biggrin
Posted By: - Ice

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 07:36 PM

40-50 stitches? On her face? Probably don't even do that many "stitches" on a hip replacement operation with a 7-10" incision. That many stitches probably meant they were using the finest (thinnest) suture they could find, hence needing more to hold the same amount of "face" in place. That almost automatically means plastics (plastic surgery, or the op done by a plastic surgeon). Someone needs to get a little more perspective. Depending on where she hurt her wrist, she probably should be more worried about that.

Having said that, I've not seen before and after pics of this accident.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 08:40 PM

At the risk of someone coming along and proving us wrong, I agree with PanzerMeyer. Moved to Community Hall.

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CyBerkut
At the risk of someone coming along and proving us wrong

LOL, sounds like a challenge!! biggrin biggrin biggrin
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 08:48 PM

While she is a very good singer, her looks are certainly a significant factor in her success. I'm sure she was very concerned over how her looks would be affected in the long term, as it would be hard to visualize/imagine right after such a mishap. Piling that on top of the physical pain probably magnified any emotional distress over it. Over-hyped? Probably... but what else would one expect of a show business celebrity? I'm not really a country music fan, but I'm glad her return to performing went well for her. From what I've seen, she seems like a class act.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by CyBerkut
At the risk of someone coming along and proving us wrong

LOL, sounds like a challenge!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Challenge accepted!

Probably fell off of a swing built by some LEEB'RAL!
Then went to some r'publican tax dodger to get the work done after driving by some homeless slackers at the interstate underpass in her smog belching SUV melting the polar ice cap!

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/16/18 10:18 PM

You almost owe me a new keyboard RK! Back to PWEC!! biggrin biggrin biggrin
Posted By: JimK

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/17/18 12:57 AM

40-50 stitches? On her face? Probably don't even do that many "stitches" on a hip replacement operation with a 7-10" incision. That many stitches probably meant they were using the finest (thinnest) suture they could find, hence needing more to hold the same amount of "face" in place. That almost automatically means plastics (plastic surgery, or the op done by a plastic surgeon). Someone needs to get a little more perspective. Depending on where she hurt her wrist, she probably should be more worried about that.

Having said that, I've not seen before and after pics of this accident.

My son had close to that many to close up his and keep his jawbone falling out, surgeon was a pro, had those skills. Can hardly tell it ever happened.
I will never forget when he running back ask me how bad it looks after showing his mom. Told him its time to head the emergency room. He started
bawling, at 17. He maned up when it came time sew him up, thank god.
Posted By: Lucky_1

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/17/18 01:23 AM

She's just a Preds fan. Nothing to see here.
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/17/18 03:07 AM

You almost owe me a new keyboard RK! Back to PWEC!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

neaner
Posted By: David Kennard

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/17/18 12:53 PM

Makeup can cover a lot of issues so not seeing obvious scars is not a reason to doubt the story

here is a picture taken 2 days before the accident on the left and on the right from this weeks award show

http://tasteofcountry.com/carrie-underwood-before-after-injury-comparison-pictures/

Re: Carrie Underwood - Am I missing something? - 04/17/18 01:23 PM

Still don't see where it is. Is it her left jaw line?

Originally Posted by JimK
My son had close to that many to close up his and keep his jawbone falling out, surgeon was a pro, had those skills. Can hardly tell it ever happened.

How big was the incision/op site?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums