homepage

It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies

Posted By: Pooch

It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 06:46 PM

http://people.com/food/peter-rabbit-food-allergy-scene-sony-apology/

Really, it's getting rediculous.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 06:51 PM

It's a brave new world we live in.....
Posted By: Sunchaser

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 07:31 PM

The SJW mob reach new levels of outrage daily and new levels of stupidity hourly.
One wonders how they avoid actually exploding from the perpetual outrage, but....

Who is the idiot who wrote the script for the scene?

Given the fact that the old saw "Sticks and Stones" has been discredited and words can indeed hurt in the snowflake era,
the script writer should be permanently banned from any safe space on the planet and denied all access to comfort animals.

That'll teach him, her it, them, they, agender, genderless, bigender, gender bender, pangender, guy, gal, guygal, chick, broad and dozens of others, according to
endless studies, probably at taxpayer expense.

Sarcasm aside, it is completely wrong and massively stupid to use potentially fatal allergy references in a kid movie.

Posted By: Bill_Grant

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 09:34 PM

Sunchaser, THAT was funny!
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 10:23 PM

I hope that everyone can play nice, because this is already questionable for Community Hall.
Posted By: Arthonon

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 10:29 PM

I agree with Sunchaser that it was just dumb to use that in a kids' movie, but also, like everything these days, it seems that if anyone thinks something was a bad idea, it's not just tasteless or dumb, it's EVIL. There are only extremes these days.
Posted By: Nixer

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 11:21 PM

That's it.

You are either with us or against us. No middle ground.

If you don't agree you are a HATER...unless of course you are; him, her it, them, they, agender, genderless, bigender, gender bender, pangender, guy, gal, guygal, chick, broad and dozens of others, then it's AOK!
Posted By: Mark Aisthorpe

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 11:40 PM

And don't forget to call anyone that doesn't agree with you a White Supremacist.
Posted By: - Ice

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 11:40 PM

“Let them boycott all they want! It is now clear that this scene is in the movie and it is our decision whether we want to see it or not! Just because they don’t like it for one reason or another doesn’t mean they should have it banned from everyone else to see it!!”

Bah! I think being safe all the time is hurtful to the individual. People need to be exposed to germs and bacteria, the mind needs to be exposed to different views. Just as you challenge your body through exercise and come out the other side much fitter and healthier, people should challenge their minds with new ideas.
Posted By: KraziKanuK

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/13/18 11:43 PM

The negativity. frown This was a chance to do something constructive about bullying and food allergies.
Posted By: Lieste

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/14/18 12:57 AM

I don't like it because that wasn't who Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail were in the stories. They were well behaved and courteous bunnies, not reckless, feckless idiots like Benjamin, Peter and Peter's dad, who raided the garden and got into trouble.

Though I did giggle at 'Peter Rabbit Tank Killer'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-YPiqOh_w

I'm inconsistent... and I see the difference between humour and mainstream.

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/14/18 01:41 AM

Bill_Grant, thank you and thanks for all the humor you provide for all of us on a way more consistent basis.

We all need to take things a bit less serious sometimes.

I am still trying to figure out how to react to the original Cinderella?
Should I be offended by the birds attack on the evil step sisters, they (the evil step sisters) did lose their eyes,
or should I be offended by the the depiction of birds (who gotta eat, just like the rest of us) as evil attackers of humans?

If I take the evil step sisters side I will irritate the peta, pick a gender people and bird watchers.
If I take the birds side I will be labelled a male chauvinist pig, anti woman, misogynist, anti feminist, woman hater.

I suggest that, for the well-being of SJWers everywhere, we never, ever let them watch Tom and Jerry or The Roadrunner/Wile E Coyote stuff.
Actually, scratch that last, they already get human versions of Tom and Wile E on youtube and facebook every minute.
Posted By: Master

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/14/18 02:00 AM

Well, they try to poison mr mcgregor with berries because he has a berry allergy but if its like the books mr mcgregor straight up tries to murder them with a shotgun and hedge clippers. Where is the outrage for obvious premeditated murder?

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/14/18 02:44 AM

WOW, I never have read Peter Rabbit so the gun and clipper caper was unknown to me.
There is half a possible solution to prevent a possible repetition of that scenario.

One half concerns the shotgun but the other half, regarding the hedge
clippers, would defy solution.
Hedge Clippers could never be touched, it would put too many people in Texas out of work.
Posted By: coasty

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/19/18 02:00 AM

Oh pish, posh....
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/19/18 02:26 AM

The whole # movement is breeding a bunch of Pu$$ies if you ask me. If people don't get their hands dirty, feelings hurt or have a good scrap now and again then he/she(there are 2 genders, male , female, that's it people) cuss is not an individual, they are merely cattle being told what is acceptable and how they should think and act. BS, being PC is BS. If you don't like something or you got your feelings hurt deal with it, grow a pair and understand that everyone in life has their problems and has to deal with them the best that they can. The dumba$$ that wrote that stupidity into a children s movie has probably already seen his mistake. If you don't like it, don't go see PR. The whole " Boycott PR" is social media stupidity. LMAO! Like me and my buddy used to say to one another when times were tough, " In the big scheme of things, does it really matter?" rolleyes

S!Blade<><
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/19/18 02:50 AM

See back in the day our rabbit movie was Watership Down. Now those little bastids were mean! Couldn’t have blamed them for going after a farmer after the tiller scene shredded them.
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/19/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
See back in the day our rabbit movie was Watership Down. Now those little bastids were mean! Couldn’t have blamed them for going after a farmer after the tiller scene shredded them.

No, they just thought they were mean. They never ran into the likes of The Killer Bunny in MP&THG.

S!Blade<><

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: It's politically incorrect to make fun of people with food allergies - 02/19/18 02:51 PM

Yeah, bunnies these days are such lightweights.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums