homepage

Do you bitcoin?

Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 03:38 PM

Out of curiosity, who here owns bitcoins? If so, why? If not, why not?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-07/bitcoin-blasts-through-15000

Ron Paul asked today, "A wealthy person wants to gift you $10,000. You get to choose in which form you'll take the gift. But there's a catch: You must keep the gift in the form that you choose, and you can't touch it for 10 years.
In which form would you take the gift?"

I would take it in gold. At least I know it is finite and there can't be any more(with our current level of technology... some day we shall surpass this limitation). With crypto-currencies... we're one fork away from a whole new branch.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 03:40 PM

Can you say speculative bubble? I think bitcoin will go the way of 1990's dot.com stocks before too long.
Posted By: JimK

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 03:43 PM

Thought about joining the craze and investing into it, but after reading up on how it really works. I better save my money for wiser investments. Just to unstable to
have any real worth to me. I can see this bubble bursting in ways those who have invested will really cry hard since non of these funds are protected.

Here is another reason I won`t invest.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...e-us-exchange-opens/?src=socialflowFBPOP
Posted By: WharfRat

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 03:54 PM

Nothing solid backing bitcoin. Gold has been accepted currency for over 6000 years.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 04:13 PM

I wish I had put a few hundred into Bitcoin early and were cashing out now!
Posted By: No105_Archie

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 04:51 PM

nope i do not
Posted By: mikew

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by WharfRat
Nothing solid backing bitcoin.
Well, except the black market.

What do you do with piles of cash from drug deals these days, with currency controls being so tight.
One solution is to feed it into Bitcoin ATMs which is fairly anonymous, then cash in at another machine elsewhere. Perfect laundering, and even that process is profitable with the rising value.
Posted By: Pugio

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 05:05 PM

Maximum PC had a good article on cryptocurrency a month or two ago. But in sum, Bitcoin currently has an upper limit on the number of bitcoins that can be generated. In addition as more transactions take place the more computational power is need to solve the blockchain "security check". So unless more and more computational power is added to the Bitcoin network, transactions will take longer and longer. To the latter point, the concept was for a "free" currency that could not be regulated by the few, but now national and private groups are putting money into the creation of computing centers just to process the blockchains. There are other cryptocurrencies out there that seem to me like they all for the attraction of users with the idea of riding the next Bitcoin wave.

I would disregard Bitcoin as just a fad but some big players are now eyeing it as well so who knows. For long term, it is too risky for the every day man and short term would simply be gambling with investing with the right cryptocurrency.

The other option in earning the coins is in mining but unless you can invest in serious computing power and/or work as part of a network there is no meaning profit to be made.
Posted By: VF9_Longbow

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/07/17 05:10 PM

Bitcoin or its offshoots are the future of currency.

I have some money in bitcoin, not a lot. If it goes up, that's great, if it goes down, that's fine.

I put about $1,000 into it when it was around $800 and am just going to let it sit there for 15 years.

If you had done that 15 years ago you would be sitting on a big pile of cash now.

The idea that bitcoin is backed by nothing is basically wrong. Bitcoin has a finite supply - it will stop being produced at a determined point in the future, so it cannot be printed infinitely like governments currently print money. Whether or not the global population will continue to use it is one thing, but for the moment it appears to have a solid future and governments and banks around the world are scrambling to either accept it or come up with a similar alternative to it.

Buy a little now and just sit on it for a few years.

I would suggest a similar strategy for stocks be they individual companies or an ETF - the only difference is stocks are more likely to give you a reliable, predictable increase in the long term where Bitcoin is a slightly risky but potentially hugely profitable gamble.

Don't forget that bitcoin is not really meant as an investment vehicle but as a currency and can still be used as a currency to buy goods and services. People out of touch with cryptocurrencies think they're only used for black market items but that is far from the truth. You can use bitcoin to pay for normal goods and services at a quickly growing number of legitimate businesses.
Posted By: Dart

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Ron Paul asked today, "A wealthy person wants to gift you $10,000. You get to choose in which form you'll take the gift. But there's a catch: You must keep the gift in the form that you choose, and you can't touch it for 10 years.
In which form would you take the gift?"

Whiskey.

Lots and lots of whiskey.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 11:50 AM

If the supply of Bitcoin already has a pre-determined production run then obviously there is no way it can replace state-issued and state-backed paper currency.
Posted By: TerribleTwo

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 12:07 PM

It'll crash, and crash hard, and be right back at $200 a share.

The one thing propping it up is the heavy shorts.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 12:55 PM

bitcoin is not a share.

how can you comment on it when you don't understand it?!

furthermore the supply is limited and people in china are using it as a means of getting their money out of the country because the government has set a limit of about $500 per person. they're not going to stop using it just because speculators mess with the price.

bitcoin and its offshoots absolutely can and will replace normal currency. governments will probably adopt similar currencies for themselves. japan has already started this process.

the US gov't as well as a number of other governments have also already accepted bitcoin as a legitimate currency. there's no stopping it now. ignore the price fluctuation, don't treat it as an investment, treat it as a currency to be used in exchange for goods or services and the mystery disappears.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
If the supply of Bitcoin already has a pre-determined production run then obviously there is no way it can replace state-issued and state-backed paper currency.

The supply is also only worth something as long as demand persists. With bitcoin forks ICOing and the founders making 30 million bucks on pre-minted crypto-coins, I bet we'll see a lot more of this fork/mint scheme here in the near future. And folks that bought at 5000 or 10000... well, they might realize, "Hey, why hold this expensive coin when I can buy the new version super cheap and experience the massive gains the early buyers of bitcoin did!"

And then bitcoin could plummet.

Raw gambling. Probably better going to Vegas and pumping coins into slots. Finite supply doesn't guarantee value, not if it isn't in sufficient demand.

Edit
Oh, and about the risk, this sums it up nicely:

My original $100 bitcoin purchase won't officially be completed on Coinbase until Friday, more than a week after the transaction. The price I bought it at remains the same, but I won't be able to sell at the earliest until Friday.

If the price plummets before then, I'm out of luck. No socks for me.

I can buy a stock and sell it within seconds, minutes or hours. Yes, the funds might not settle for a couple of days, but I can trade with frequency should I choose. There's volume and liquidity and I can pull my money out if I want. With bitcoin... or any crypto for that matter, can you? Don't think so. And no telling how trustworthy the middle man is.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 03:55 PM

i'm sorry but you've got no idea what you are talking about

there is no middle man. it is your choice to use an exchange. it is the same as a bank. you are not forced to do this.

you can pass a bitcoin to another person if you wish. you can use a bitcoin atm. the transfer is instant.

you can buy and sell bitcoin instantly at whatever price you want. finding a buyer or seller at a given price depends on you only.

so much misunderstanding and misinformation. please try to educate yourself a little more about what bitcoin actually is.
Posted By: Haggart

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 04:10 PM

The banks are the ones who own bitcoin and the investors in bitcoin are the ones who will be left holding the empty bag when the scheme collapses

Bitcoin is an example of this theory:

'The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price.
In other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later."

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by VF9_Longbow

so much misunderstanding and misinformation. please try to educate yourself a little more about what bitcoin actually is.

I'm educated enough to know that bitcoin isn't rainbows like you make it out to be.

I know about the exchange on the coin and how the blockchain works. I also know as an investor, making money depends on a reliable way to buy in and out of any investment rapidly and with minimal risk through the transaction intermediary. Person to person exchange of coins is fine for small purchases, but for large investments, market makers and exchanges are absolutely necessary to facilitate this rapid and efficient transfer of ownership.

Bitcoin lacks rapid facilitation of this requirement on a large scale, from what I gather. I may be wrong. But Mt. Gox cost fox millions upon millions when it was robbed.

I don't invest in bitcoin, nor anything else that is hard to quantify and lacks both strong fundamental data and emotional driven news.

Try looking at it another way:

Why do dating sites exist? To bring people together.

Is it easier to find a date by visiting every single bar in every single city, one by one until you finally meet someone who might talk to you, or is it easier to log onto a website, look at thousands of faces and profiles over a week, send out invitations and put some coffee meetings on a calendar?

Investment markets exist to bring investors together. You might view bitcoin as a currency--and it is, but the majority of the population views it as an investment(gambling) vehicle.

A good is what it is perceived to be, not what it actually is. Goods are bought and sold on that perception of worth and potential reward, not necessarily the utility of the product. See the "Dutch Tulip Bubble:"

https://www.focus-economics.com/blog/tulip-mania-dutch-market-bubble

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 04:37 PM

sorry but your post shows to me clearly that you don't understand what is actually happening during a transfer of bitcoin.

mt gox occurred because people left their money in their wallets in the exchange, to put it very simply. imagine leaving your wallet out on the counter at the bank. not a very good idea. why did people do that? i don't know.

i think you need to look around at the different ways bitcoin can be exchanged, you are hung up on the idea of a few specific exchanges that may have policies that warp your image of what is actually going on. what one exchange is doing is not necessarily the same thing another exchange is doing.

it is possible (and normal) to transfer bitcoin instantly. this is the usual way. you can also buy huge quantities of bitcoin from private citizens. i am talking about more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes. some people have made a business out of this by charging transaction fees.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 04:47 PM

How easy is it to find someone with a million bucks in bitcoin that is...

a. Willing to sell at any given time

b. Willing to buy at any given time

c. Will buy or sell one coin, a hundred coins, or a thousand coins and moment's notice, without protest?

and

d. Does not participate in any listed exchanges

And yes, that's how folks lost money on Gox. They kept their money with the exchange. Dumb indeed. And then there's this guy:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...er-100-million-reasons-dig-landfill-site
Posted By: Dart

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 05:50 PM

A bit of clarification: the US government does NOT accept bitcoins. There is only one currency the US government will accept for the settlement of debt or the payment of taxes - the US dollar.

This is THE cornerstone of the value of the dollar as a currency, and how they killed off individual bank currencies early on. It's why we have a national bank and a treasury, both of which were very controversial in their creation.

Why accept one's salary or buy and sell goods in a currency one can't use to pay taxes, after all? If one doesn't pay taxes, the government will come and take one's stuff. Or throw one in jail. Or both.

There is no law against using whatever currency one wants to use in private transactions - if it floats one's boat to accept pesos or rubles or bitcoins, go for it. But in the end it all gets converted to dollars in the USA in order to pay the tax on it.

This is why the Bitcoin or any other crypto currency will never replace the US Dollar in this country.
Posted By: archermav

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 08:44 PM

I've got a couple of quids worth, but not a lot. Only just bought it so who knows what may happen. I look on it as a little bit of fun with a small outlay. Rumours are that Amazon may, and I mean may, accept it as payment. If they do, then I think it will go huge!

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/08/17 11:06 PM

Good video that explains Bitcoin pretty good.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/09/17 02:30 AM

Bitcoin - What the Heck is Going On ?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4130677-bitcoin-heck-going

12 Ways to Play Bitcoin Without Buying Bitcoins

https://www.barrons.com/articles/12...tcoin-1512747537?mod=hp_highlight_4&

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/09/17 07:50 PM

$200. And lots are gonna make lots of money when it crashes.

How do I know it will crash? Because people have bought it without any clue why they bought it. Human behavior is the same when it comes to investing. Irrational purchases, bandwagon riding, and knee jerk reactions, are historically repeated time and time again and none ever pay off. Understanding why a stock can go up just because the sun is shining, should also help understand why people buy things like bitcoin.

Posted By: Timothy

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 03:58 AM

Tulip Mainia
Posted By: Timothy

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by TerribleTwo
$200. And lots are gonna make lots of money when it crashes.

How do I know it will crash? Because people have bought it without any clue why they bought it. Human behavior is the same when it comes to investing. Irrational purchases, bandwagon riding, and knee jerk reactions, are historically repeated time and time again and none ever pay off. Understanding why a stock can go up just because the sun is shining, should also help understand why people buy things like bitcoin.

How would they short it? I thought you couldn't do shorts anymore.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 05:09 AM

1. "One of the most popular ways to short bitcoin is through CFDs, a derivative that mirrors the movements of the asset. It’s a contract between the client and the broker, where the buyer and seller of the CFD agree to settle any rise or drop in prices in cash on the contract date"

2. "Another common way to short bitcoin is through margin trading, which allows investors to borrow the cryptocurrency from a broker to make the trade. The trade goes both ways; a trader can also increase their long or short position through leverage. Depending on the funds kept as collateral to pay back the debt, this option increases the already risky bitcoin trade. Bitfinex, one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges, requires initial equity of 30 percent of the position"

3. "Most of the brokerages that allow margin trading will also let clients borrow bitcoin to short with no leverage. This will be a less risky way to bet bitcoin prices will fall"

4. "Investors can also indirectly bet against bitcoin by shorting exchange traded notes with exposure to the cryptocurrency, like Stockholm-based Bitcoin Tracker One, and Grayscale Investments LLC’s Bitcoin Investment Trust. The risk is that these notes don’t always trade in line with bitcoin, so the exposure won’t be perfect."

5. "Swiss structured products houses Vontobel AG and Leonteq Securities AG started separate products on Friday that allow investors to profit if the price of bitcoin tumbles"
Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Timothy
Tulip Mainia

Exactly what I was thinking.

...and I’d take that $10k in real estate, in a carefully researched area.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 11:40 AM

Bitcoin is exactly the 21st century version of Tulip mania. Well said Timothy.
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 01:01 PM

I haven't been following this closely. I heard on the radio this morning that it's on the CBOE now...

New step for Bitcoin's wild ride: Futures trading

Tulips do come to mind. I suppose Bitcoin does have a bit more going for it in the practical applications, sense...

Speculating / short term trading with funds that one could afford to lose... sure, if that is what floats your boat. Investing funds that one needs/wants to count on for retirement... nope, not me.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 01:59 PM

you wouldn't invest in the USD or some other currency for a retirement plan, doing it with bitcoin would be just as ludicrous

speculation is profitable if you do it right, investing is a whole different ballgame.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 03:40 PM

It seems bitcoin may stall a while here where it is. I do see some massive profit taking if it doesn't continue its surge. Nonetheless..

Back to reality, I purchased some FitBit stock at $6.68 last week. The future is smartwatches. They won't overtake phones but supplement them. I suggest anyone interested look into FitBit. Quite undervalued.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 03:46 PM

The future is smartwatches.

How come the Apple Watch hasn't been the massive seller that it was predicted to be?

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 04:28 PM

I am guessing that it will surpass 20k real soon.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...in-futures-surge-in-first-day-of-trading
Posted By: ArgonV

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 05:18 PM

How come the Apple Watch hasn't been the massive seller that it was predicted to be?

Sales are still growing, just was just slow to launch and gather momentum...

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 07:20 PM

It's a tad high priced, it's Apple, it's only for elite people.

One thing to ask when looking to invest in new tech, is whether or not the thing inhibits movement, does it feel weird to wear or carry around, does it look strange, would people get tired of basically wearing it?

Watches have been around for how long? People are comfortable wearing them. They don't inhibit your movements and some folks even forget they are wearing the watch they think they lost. SO it is good solid wearable technology unlike goggles or hats, or whathaveyou.

But I'm looking more at the health aspects. Will the watch be able to detect early heart attacks? Glucose readings? Heart issues? Etc.. these are thing that FitBit is poised to explore.

Maybe we need a dedicated investment forum here. I've been doing this a long time and used to daytrade back in the late 90's. I recommended, quite strongly, that people buy Facebook way back when it was $30-$40. I usually know my stuff.

Apple, Samsung, Garmin, and Fitbit. And some private Chinese company. Those are the only real smartwatch makers.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 07:27 PM

Look, investing is about being observant. Forget charts and pro analysis, those are a day late and a dollar short. The stocks have already made the move by the time some genius talks about it (Cramer, as an example).

Look around, see what people are into. SnapChatting? Instagraming? Hey look at my new watch! Facebooking? How did you know about so and so from way back in 1980..? Oh Facbooked her.. Ah... See more Teslas on the road? What are people drinking? Is there some new gaming company with legendary or upcoming programmers? Are other people playing the game?

It's quite easy if you push the laptop away, turn off the chatters on CNBC, and just look and listen.
Posted By: cichlidfan

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 07:48 PM

IBack to reality, I purchased some FitBit stock at $6.68 last week. The future is smartwatches. They won't overtake phones but supplement them. I suggest anyone interested look into FitBit. Quite undervalued.

I would not call a stock that has done little but decline in price and been fairly flat for the past year, to be undervalued. I wouldn't call it a good investment either.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by cichlidfan
IBack to reality, I purchased some FitBit stock at $6.68 last week. The future is smartwatches. They won't overtake phones but supplement them. I suggest anyone interested look into FitBit. Quite undervalued.

I would not call a stock that has done little but decline in price and been fairly flat for the past year, to be undervalued. I wouldn't call it a good investment either.

Looking at a chart isn't really as important as understanding why its at the price it is. Understanding what the company does and using your observation skills is better.

I was trading when Amazon was at $20. I bought Joseph A Bank at $4 because hey, I saw their store and realized how good their business was, and their sales people were excellent. I've seen stocks go up simply because a group of people started buying and decided it was a good buy.. Because others were buying for no reason at all. I've seen stocks fall for no reason simply because a chart indicator said so, and then watch as it rebounded. I recall the days when a stock would shoot up 30% just because they opened a webpage for the first time.

All I'm saying is, dont put too much thought into charts and its stock price.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/11/17 10:26 PM

the stock price is a good indicator of when to buy - check the stock price compared to the actual value of the company as is detailed in its quarterly or annual reports. if the price of the stock is lower than the value of the company, and the company is producing real profits, you should almost always buy it unless it has some serious problem you know about.

of course, this is very difficult to do these days as most of the smart investors out there are already using AI to find these companies. this method of investing is called value investing and is one of the older and most respected methods out there, perhaps created by benjamin graham and perfected by buffett and lynch.
Posted By: Airdrop01

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/12/17 08:21 PM

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/12/12/bitcoin-price-mortgage-homes-investment/

Ugggh.

These are the same people who are going to be telling me I should provide their healthcare, housing, senior care, and kids' education along with preschool, after school, and for that matter, all year round school when they can't afford to live in their mortgaged to the hilt luxury lifestyles. The mortgagees are in it too, as they are the same people telling me I need to save them from the results of their poor idea of loaning money to idiots to save the economy.

By that time, I will have shrugged, however.

B U B B L E

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/12/17 08:47 PM

“This is not something a guy who’s making $100,000 a year, who’s got a mortgage and two kids in college ought to be invested in.”

but there are those who will in fact do just that - risk it all !

Family in Netherlands with 3 kids sell their house, their business and cars and use all their money to bet on Bitcoin. Family is now camping outdoors while waiting to strike it rich.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/16/this-family-sold-everything-to-make-a-big-bet-on-bitcoin.html

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/12/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Haggart
“This is not something a guy who’s making $100,000 a year, who’s got a mortgage and two kids in college ought to be invested in.”

but there are those who will in fact do just that - risk it all !

Family in Netherlands with 3 kids sell their house, their business and cars and use all their money to bet on Bitcoin. Family is now camping outdoors while waiting to strike it rich.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/16/this-family-sold-everything-to-make-a-big-bet-on-bitcoin.html

OMG jawdrop

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/13/17 11:55 AM

If they did in fact buy in mid October, they are now multi millionaires as the bitcoin did increase significantly since then.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/13/17 02:21 PM

He must have been doing pretty well for himself! Hell I WISH I made $100,000 and could pay for my kid's college education!

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/13/17 02:33 PM

I went to A&M also Argon but just for a few semesters. You currently living in College Station ?
Posted By: CyBerkut

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/17/17 02:04 PM

Over on Arstechnica.com:

Bitcoin jumps another 10 percent in 24 hours to pass $19,000

they also have this primer

Want to really understand how bitcoin works? Here’s a gentle primer

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 02:48 AM

I went to A&M also Argon but just for a few semesters. You currently living in College Station ?

Sorry I missed this. Yes currently have been in CStat for almost 10 yrs. smile

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 02:56 AM

i was there in 1987 working at the Veterinary Toxicology & Entomology Research Lab, ARS-USDA while taking some additional entomology courses from Dr. Burke at the Entomology building

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 03:09 PM

i was there in 1987 working at the Veterinary Toxicology & Entomology Research Lab, ARS-USDA while taking some additional entomology courses from Dr. Burke at the Entomology building

Ah excellent! I work at TAMU Libraries currently as a systems administrator. Before that I was at the College of Geosciences doing IT support and systems admin. Public education pay leaves something to be desired as compared to the private sector. wink

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ArgonV
Public education pay leaves something to be desired as compared to the private sector. wink

True but usually the work environment is a bit nicer to work in as in less stress and not as cut-throat.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 03:17 PM

Public education pay leaves something to be desired as compared to the private sector. wink

True but usually the work environment is a bit nicer to work in as in less stress and not as cut-throat.

Oh certainly! I did IT in the private sector for a large electronics retailer... I don't miss it in the least! However I'm not going out and buying Bitcoin as an investment, certainly not on my pay. wink I found it funny that earlier someone was quoted as saying the average Joe making $100k shouldn't invest... I wish I was making $100k as I'd certainly invest in some Bitcoin!

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/18/17 03:22 PM

I found it funny that earlier someone was quoted as saying the average Joe making $100k shouldn't invest... I wish I was making $100k as I'd certainly invest in some Bitcoin!

LOL!! 100k is "average Joe" salary if you live in NYC, LA or San Francisco. That's about it.

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/19/17 01:32 AM

ArgonV if you're enjoying what you're doing with a lot less stress than in some other place then it's difficult to put a price on that

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/22/17 06:23 PM

Can you say bubble again?

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42457983

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 12/22/17 08:08 PM

if only the S&P 500 would also start its own downward spiral and as to Bitcoin it's lost 1/3 of it's value in 24 hrs
Posted By: oldgrognard

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 03/22/23 12:50 PM

I thought it would be interesting to resurrect an old thread talking about Crypto and other investing based on todays news.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/crypto/miami-and-new-yorks-crypto-citycoins-meet-with-a-quiet-demise

Re: Do you bitcoin? - 03/22/23 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by oldgrognard
I thought it would be interesting to resurrect an old thread talking about Crypto and other investing based on todays news.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/crypto/miami-and-new-yorks-crypto-citycoins-meet-with-a-quiet-demise

SCAM.

This was a way for often-cash strapped cities to raise revenue via a hyped up financial product. Gee..sound familiar? The Dot.com shares crashed only 22 years ago via the same hype but it seems that lesson was not learned.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums