homepage

Two free awesome games

Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 04:29 AM

Personal favorite games, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and World in Conflict.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-g...cebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, aka the best Assassin's Creed game, will be free to download on Uplay next week. Not for a limited time, and not if you jump through a series of fiery hoops... it's free for you to keep forever, so long as you add it to your library between December 11-18.

Meanwhile, 2007 RTS World in Conflict: Complete Edition is free to download right now on Uplay, and will be until December 11. The game is set in an alternate 1989 during World War 3, and is developed by the studio responsible for The Division, Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, among others.

I don’t know how many times I’ve played through WiC. To this day it’s simply eye candy and a helluva lot of fun without the micromanagement and resource gathering BS that ruins so many RTS games. Joy-joy destruction with tanks, infantry, Apaches, cluster bombs, artillery...just a hoot to play!

AC4, if you don’t have it already, is pretty much a pirate sim. Ships, boarding, a fleet command minigame...and on top of that the (IMO) best AC game with the best voice acting and story.

Get em and give them a go! Both highly recommended and you can’t beat the price.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 09:42 AM

Never had a chance to play WiC but always wanted to. I know Alec Baldwin is narrator in it. Pretty cool thumbsup

AC is not my cup of tea but still cudos to ubi for nice gifts.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 02:28 PM

The Baldwin narration is WAY over the top, but it’s kind of funny because of that. Same with the characters.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 02:40 PM

The AC series has failed to catch my interest and wallet even though I have taken the time to watch some youtube videos of the gameplay. I don't know, I think it's just a case of "been there, done that" for me.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 03:19 PM

Well, in this case the wallet isn’t required at least.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 03:30 PM

But but... I like micromanagement, resource gathering and sim city in my RTS games. frown

I've never played an AC game... can I win them without hiding in shadows and being stealthy? I wanna be rambo and shoot from the hip(I know he doesn't have machine guns but you get the idea).
Posted By: Pooch

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 03:35 PM

Already have Black Flag and it's one of my favorites. I really loved playing that game and I'm on my second run through. Gonna give the other one a try because...hey, why not?

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 03:57 PM

Not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong, but I can't find World In Conflict on the Ubi site. That's where it is, right?

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 04:01 PM

Should be on uplay. I didn’t look since I already have both games.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 04:03 PM

Pooch,you have to use Uplay to get it. I've just activated it without issue.

Thanks for the heads-up Raw thumbsup

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 04:03 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
But but... I like micromanagement, resource gathering and sim city in my RTS games. frown

I've never played an AC game... can I win them without hiding in shadows and being stealthy? I wanna be rambo and shoot from the hip(I know he doesn't have machine guns but you get the idea).

Some stealth is required as you need to eliminate some threats before going all out in a fight since snipers will kill you fast while you fight the infantry guards.
Posted By: F4UDash4

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pooch
Not sure what it is that I'm doing wrong, but I can't find World In Conflict on the Ubi site. That's where it is, right?

The article I read stated that WC wouldn't be available until Dec 12 or thereabouts.
Posted By: rezerekted

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by F4UDash4

The article I read stated that WC wouldn't be available until Dec 12 or thereabouts.

It's available now, Black Flag is Dec 12.

In uPlay client click 20 Years of Massive at the top. You will see WIC offered there.

I already have both games but am getting WIC anyway because it is the complete version, meaning it has the Russian DLC.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 08:53 PM

I found Wss "lthere too, under the Massive header, or under free games. It doesn’t come up in the regular store.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 09:06 PM

I found it. Just google "World in Conflict" and that will take you right to it. I don't normally play these types of games, but I just finished the tutorial and that was fun. I may like this. Thanks a lot.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/05/17 10:46 PM

It picks up into some really fun missions. I've replayed the ones where you blow up the stealth plane crash and the helo assault on the islands around NY a hundred times.
Posted By: Blade_RJ

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/06/17 12:45 AM

Is this version of WIC playable ? i have this game on steam, and it would not load.....same problem everyone else has.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/06/17 01:01 AM

Mine started right up.

Re: Two free awesome games - 12/06/17 02:00 AM

I have it on steam. Now that you mention it, seems like I did do something after going win10 but I can’t remember what?
© 2024 SimHQ Forums