homepage

Outcast Second Contact Released

Posted By: Tom_Weiss

Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/14/17 08:22 PM

for those of you who never played it

I played it twice one billion years ago and loved it , since then it became unplayable in Win XP and Win7 and when it came out in a Win10 version (v1.1) it visually aged a billion years ...

today a completely updated version was released , hopefully the gameplay did not age.

worth a try IMO smile
Posted By: Coot

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/15/17 04:06 AM

I just saw this the other day. I never played it back on release but had since bought it on GOG.com and really liked what I played. I didn't know this was out already. Is it a remaster in the since its been put through a new engine?

edit: I just watched that video and it definitely looks completely new. This looks really fun and its gorgeous.

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/15/17 10:46 AM

it is gorgeous - you can feel that they used all the resources they had in improving the game engine, it still feels like you are playing the original.
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/15/17 11:43 AM

Is that a Stargate?

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/16/17 02:51 AM

Yep, there's stargates in the game. Actually its full of really unique story lore that definitely has a Stargate the motion picture vibe at least when it comes to the stargates and almost Egyptian-like alien civilization and the music in this game is great. Hope to get the remake someday but its pretty expensive.
Posted By: Mr_Blastman

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/16/17 03:50 AM

What is it? A RPG? A online RPG? A shooter? An adventure game? I have never heard of it.
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/16/17 08:03 AM

It's an action-adventure game in an open world where science and magic meet.

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/16/17 11:19 AM

I started to play it - and it feels great
Originally Posted by letterboy1
It's an action-adventure game in an open world where science and magic meet.

that is exactly what it is - and with a great soundtrack

I started to play it - and it feels great !

this is one of those games that deserved much more success than it did have at the time, and it is a testament to how good it is that they managed to release it again while keeping the gameplay exactly as it was.

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/17/17 04:23 AM

Wasn't it also one of the first games to render a 3D world with voxel technology? I still love the way the old one looks. Even those elements may be dated there's something about voxels that I love. Really organic or something, can't quite describe it. I think that's part of why I loved all the Novalogic games like Delta Force and Comanche.

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/17/17 04:44 PM

voxels ! that one was a dead end as soon as more powerful GPU came out.

you can still play it - v1.1 is compatible with Win10 .

Re: Outcast Second Contact Released - 11/18/17 05:23 AM

Yeah I have it on GOG. Plays great on Windows 7.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums