homepage

New/old guy

Posted By: Kelopa

New/old guy - 09/10/17 03:51 PM

Hey guys, I'm an old guy just getting back into simming. I have a ton of equipment....all GoFlight stuff and a pretty good rig. My question is....I have loaded and unloaded a bunch of stuff over the years and, frankly, don't even remember what I have. Would it be better to delete the entire thing.....FSX, Steam, and the like....and start over??? If so, given the humongous changes that have happened since I last played, which should I go with?? Do I load prepar3d, or back to steam, or whatever. I'm interested in flying the twin engine props....jets are too complicated to try and learn...I'm 72 (inpretty good shape and live alone) ...I'm rambling....would like a little advice...I take that well, promise. My name is Merril and I live in Lafayette , La. Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: Chucky

Re: New/old guy - 09/10/17 03:59 PM

Hi Kelopa,welcome to SimHQ salute

I'm not an expert on FSX/Prepar3d but I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon.

We do have a dedicated Civil Aviation section which you might like to check out http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/140/1/civil-aviation-general
Posted By: bones

Re: New/old guy - 09/11/17 02:13 AM

I don't know much about P3D but I've been getting back into FSX quite a bit lately. I used to fly off of the Deluxe Edition off of DVD but it was getting harder to support. I recently switched to FSX Steam Edition and everything pretty much works without being a pain. I just wish I didn't have to log on to Steam just to play it. But I've been enjoying it and running it with VATSIM so I can fly with other pilots and ATC.

Maybe try starting back up there?

v6,
boNes
Posted By: letterboy1

Re: New/old guy - 09/11/17 02:34 AM

Hi Kelopa and welcome! Lafayette, eh? When I was stationed at Ft Polk in 88-89, I went to your city to see Yes play at the Cajundome. Good times!

Enjoy your sim revival! smile
Posted By: Haggart

Re: New/old guy - 09/11/17 05:14 AM

Wow Kelopa, 72 !

[Linked Image]

cheers
Posted By: Forward Observer

Re: New/old guy - 09/11/17 01:40 PM

Welcome from another old fart who lives alone. I'll be 72 in November. I don't sim much these days, but just about everything I play is on Steam or GOG, so I can't remember the last time I used one of my optical drives.

Cheers
Posted By: Kelopa

Re: New/old guy - 09/12/17 01:46 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll try adjusting my stuff to simplify....might bring in a computer guy to help. Jeez....everything is so complicated!!!....I remember 1988, my radio shack "all in one"...no power though. sigh....
Posted By: rezerekted

Re: New/old guy - 09/14/17 07:34 AM

Maybe buy and fly Xplane 11.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269950/XPlane_11/
© 2024 SimHQ Forums