homepage

Excellent WW1 dramatisation

Posted By: U-96

Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/17/17 09:19 PM

Some may spot some BF1 influences biggrin

But it really is very good and worth hunting down...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f7bf3

If anyone has links to episodes 2 and 3, do post them because they are disappearing from the mainstream sites...
Posted By: vocatx

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 02:54 AM

I just watched Episode One. It's pretty intense. I'd like to see the rest of these if anybody knows where to find them.
Posted By: warrior2seven

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 04:06 AM

I watched all 3 episodes on Netflix earlier this year.
Posted By: vocatx

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 05:36 AM

Thanks, Warrior. I'll check Netflix. I'm still trying to get used to using the Roku; I hadn't thought about checking for this show there.

Yep, it's on Netflix. Watched Episode Two at breakfast this morning. Thanks for posting about this!
Posted By: BD-123

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 02:36 PM

This was originally shown on BBC3, the 'yoof' channel; usually showing fatuous stuff for the under 25s, so I missed this. Thanks for the 'heads up' U-96!
Superb stuff; I can see the cinematic influence of 'Band of Brothers' here in it's style. One of the best dramas of WW1 combat I've seen, especially as it covers a little portrayed scenario, Mons.

Subsequent two episodes are on YT:

Well worth the 2 quid.
Posted By: wormfood

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 07:56 PM

Not a bad series. I saw it on Netflix about a year ago.

I'd hate to be a tank crewman back then.
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 08:08 PM

I'd hate to be anything except in a staff position waaaaaay behind the front lines back then. wink
Posted By: U-96

Re: Excellent WW1 dramatisation - 07/18/17 08:21 PM

Thanks BD-123, I was hoping for free, but you are right, it's worth the couple of quid. Also on Amazon I see.

Glad you all enjoyed it as much as I did. I watched the first five minutes and thought "oh, this is actually quite good!"
© 2024 SimHQ Forums