homepage

Up and Down, and Charm and Strange

Posted By: piper

Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 12:33 AM

More research coming from the LHC for those with an interest.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39333376

Amazes me how we have learned about how much we don't know - yet.
Dark Energy, The "Big Bang", the "Big Freeze".

God, they figured this out and look what they called it!-)
Posted By: JimK

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 01:15 AM

There are even bigger discoveries yet to come from the Haldren Collider. Just waiting for the day they open up a singularity.

Its heavy stuff for sure. Almost, what am I saying, Its beyond the comprehension of your average folk.
Posted By: Clydewinder

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 01:22 AM

Posted By: Nixer

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 02:12 AM

Honestly, why are we playing with the fabric of life?
Posted By: Coot

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 03:39 AM

I think they are doing all kinds of experiments and research but at least one is that they want to open up a portal or opening of some kind. "Out of this door might come something, or we might send something through it," said Sergio Bertolucci, who is Director for Research and Scientific Computing at CERN" It is very interesting stuff but when it come down to it I don't believe that they should be doing these things. Some very bizarre behavior has come from Cern.
Posted By: DM

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 09:01 AM

Science is not your enemy smile

One day we'll have quantum computers. Then you'll appreciate it smile

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 11:31 AM

I suppose real science is no one's enemy. Except for maybe how its used.
Posted By: Deacon211

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 11:39 AM

Isn't this how Doom started?

wink

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 11:46 AM

I keep thinking of the movie Stargate with with regards to that crazy quote. They send in a robot rover and in the span of seconds it is tracked to a separate galaxy. eek
Posted By: Jedi Master

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 02:02 PM

People who are good at hard science, like particle physics, SUCK at communication. In all history there have only been a handful good at it, and those are the ones that are the most famous. The rank and file we have who work at these facilities are NOT them.

If you are trying to figure out what they are doing based on what they say, you will not get it. In other words, they could try to explain to you how they would bake a cake and you might think it sounded like how they grill a burger. Then you would start fearing getting e coli from the burger they'd serve you because it sounded all wrong, but in fact would be shocked when they deliver a cake. Without e coli.

The Jedi Master
Posted By: PanzerMeyer

Re: Up and Down, and Charm and Strange - 03/21/17 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by DM
Science is not your enemy smile

All knowledge is inherently good. However, how that knowledge is applied (ie technology) can be good or bad depending on your perspective.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums